• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 European Open

Slightly off topic, but didn't know where to ask...

What is considered the more prestigious win? Worlds or USDGC?

Worlds - we care
USDGC - we kind of care
European Open - we couldn't care less

How many USDGC titles has Ken Climo won, without looking up the answer?

To the original question, Worlds is more significant a win to be sure. It has the longest history...there were multi-time world champs before any of the other majors existed. Manufacturers don't give stock run signature discs to anyone but World Champions.

Even though we have just one category of "majors", it's hard to put a national (or continental) championship on the same level as a world championship. Maybe that's just being hung up on semantics, but it's the way it is.

And Simon did the same thing a couple years ago after a tournament.

I imagine that's why Paul said what he said about Discmania.

Lol it's not the best look for a brand...and it kind of makes Eagle and Simon look like pouty kids.

It's the perfect illustration of "it's the archer, not the arrow". Eagle's starting his entire bag over from scratch three weeks before Worlds. He's got to be confident he can play just as well with a brand new bag of discs if he's giving away the "tried and true" discs he's been throwing.

Not to mention it can be seen as a positive for Discmania. Lost your favorite PD? Pick up another one and it'll fly just the same.

This is like the 3rd time the Pigeon's done that...

I heard it as a dig at discmania/evolution.

At least i want to think it was....would be more fun :) giving away their brand to everyone else to make their discs.

Idk. I want trash talk so bad in disc golf.

I heard it as a dig at discmania/evolution.

At least i want to think it was....would be more fun :) giving away their brand to everyone else to make their discs.

Idk. I want trash talk so bad in disc golf.

It's so much more fun with trash talk...Paul's always good for a dig or two.

Both Eagle and Simon have changed bag out of frustration. .but this time it more feels like Eagle did not want to drag his bag back to the US

Y'all are trying to make something out of nothing, here. Paul gave his bag away (or a large part of it) after one of his European tournaments one time. It was when he was throwing the Monster. And it likely was to not have to worry about getting his back back across the Pond to the USA again.

Y'all are trying to make something out of nothing, here.

Isnt that what internet forums are for??

Anyway. Great tourney. I didnt see Ricky falling apart like that but i think a large part was due to the challenge of the course AND how much pressure that huge gallery has on your play.

Ricky just hasnt clicked yet with his forehand since going to innova. Im sure he will dial it in.

Streets's been a negative nancy about this tournament in general. Don't know what's with the salt.

Streets cries about tons of tourneys, every year. You learn to just ignore his posts.

(Sorry Streets, love you, but shut up already! :thmbup: )

Henna missed 20 C1x putts and got only 52% C1x , thats 17th out of 19 players in C1x putting. . and still got 2nd

SOOO many strokes she lost in the circle

Henna missed 20 C1x putts and got only 52% C1x , thats 17th out of 19 players in C1x putting. . and still got 2nd

SOOO many strokes she lost in the circle

I have rarely seen a player have such bad luck during one round as Henna did in the final round. Her discs not only found trees, but took the worst kicks possible. Like you said, a lot of her puts were solidly in the chains and would find inexplicable ways to bounce out. She simply could not get a break. And she still came in second.