• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5

Well, duh. But let's see if together we can think out a reason why a pro disc golfer might opt for a less expensive method of "treatment" over just going to a doc...

He gets a health care stipend from Innova, and he could have gone to an Urgent Care type place that is generally pretty reasonable. Last year in the last 3 events + NT payout, Ricky earned just over $9,000 plus likely sponsorship bonuses. He hasn't finished worse than 9th in a tournament this year (not including the one he DNF'd), so it's pretty reasonable to think he could have earned somewhat close to that with a good possibility of earning more. The few hundred bucks that he would have paid to an Urgent Care would have been worth it.

Every other comment under all his social media posts were telling him to go get the antibiotics, no question. I hope he listened but it's hard to tell.

Every other comment under all his social media posts were telling him to go get the antibiotics, no question. I hope he listened but it's hard to tell.

His silence on that recurring question, coupled with his deteriorating health condition point to him not getting the antibiotic. And if indeed he has chosen to forego the antibiotic, someone can go ahead and start the "Has Ricky Wysocki Peaked?" thread, because he'll never be the same.

And in all this, everyone appears to be 'assuming' it really is Lyme's. What if it's not, and something worse?

TL;DR: Bettr be sure. He needs to go see a doctor.

Latest update:

"I Just wanted to update everybody on my Lyme fight. After fighting through the Lyme disease all last tournament in Vermont. It has gotten steadily worse and debilitating to the point that I can barely get out of bed. I've been bed ridden and depressed for the last 3 weeks. While almost needing a cane to walk. This is definitely the type of disease you don't realize how bad it really is until you experience it for yourself. So as of now I am not able to finish out the last 3 events of the year and it crushes me to officially announce this. Being in the lead of the NT Points and near the top in the DGPT points makes it that much worse that I CANT play. Also being so close to winning The USDGC so many times and being so close to home this tournament means so much to me. So my official announcement is that I will not be able to physically play the last 3 events of the year. This really does crush me but I have no choice as I'm so weak I can barely walk let alone try and throw a disc. Anyways good luck to everyone playing the USDGC I'll have to be a fan watching from bed. Raptor legs will be back I promise you that. I'll definitely be posting updates as much as possible. I also want thank Drew from Vital Nutrition Centers for some outstanding advice on attacking my Lyme throughout this process."
Please take care of yourself Ricky W. The game needs you as well as us wannabes.

Last edited:
I hope he's not some wacko anti-mainstream medicine person. Having been homeschooled, there's an elevated chance that maybe that family has some unconventional views. I hope he's getting himself checked out by someone competent.

And in all this, everyone appears to be 'assuming' it really is Lyme's. What if it's not, and something worse?

TL;DR: Bettr be sure. He needs to go see a doctor.

This. Lyme is not to be f*cked around with. Complications from it killed my brother.

This. Lyme is not to be f*cked around with. Complications from it killed my brother.

Yea, he needs to get with the 20th century.
I know he's a product of homeschool and everything, but vaccines aren't "tha debil", and some witch doctor that couldn't get accepted into astrology college ain't gonna cure lymes with third-world-medicine.
All that hippie nonsense is fashionable until your life is on the line. Then it's time to be serious.

I've lost all respect for him. What an idiot. I bet Innova can't be happy either. This is their biggest stage and their biggest player isn't in it because he a whack job. Cale Leiviska had Lyme and got the proper treatment and has recovered fine.

I hope he's not some wacko anti-mainstream medicine person. Having been homeschooled, there's an elevated chance that maybe that family has some unconventional views. I hope he's getting himself checked out by someone competent.

From Ricky:

"I also want thank [to] Drew from Vital Nutrition Centers for some outstanding advice on attacking my Lyme throughout this process."

From Vital Nutrition Center website:

"We believe that our bodies are self-healing, designed to innately repair and revitalize themselves when properly nourished."

JFC.

Maybe the practitioners of the "holistic treatment" were also homeschooled?

Ssooooooo we know for a fact that he did NOT see a doctor and that the folks at Langlois didn't advise him to do so?

Gotta love DGCR speculation.

Anyways, we don't know all the facts. Yes, it appears he isn't getting it treated by a doctor specializing in lyme but glancing over that Langlois site it does not appear they're the kind of place that would try to tackle something like lyme. Unless I missed it I don't think lyme is even mentioned anywhere on that site. I'll reserve judgement on his actions until I know all the facts and I'm pretty sure we don't right now.

-Dave

Ssooooooo we know for a fact that he did NOT see a doctor and that the folks at Langlois didn't advise him to do so?

Gotta love DGCR speculation.

Anyways, we don't know all the facts. Yes, it appears he isn't getting it treated by a doctor specializing in lyme but glancing over that Langlois site it does not appear they're the kind of place that would try to tackle something like lyme. Unless I missed it I don't think lyme is even mentioned anywhere on that site. I'll reserve judgement on his actions until I know all the facts and I'm pretty sure we don't right now.

-Dave

Simon dropped into Smashboxx's after show last night and said he knows what Ricky is trying to do to heal. Simon was begging for Ricky to go see a doctor.

I actually have empathy for him. First, read Porochista Khakpour's memoir *Sick* to learn that Lyme treatment is more complicated than simple antibiotics. Second, he's been led astray somehow if speculation is true, and I feel sadness for him that he's not making sound decisions. Third, chronic conditions suck. I'm not going to dog on anyone while they are bed ridden. Been there, done that.

I hope he gets the right medical help — whatever that includes — and recovers quickly.

And please stop referring to holistic as some whack-o version of actual medicine. REAL doctors practice holistic medicine by addressing the illness from a whole-body perspective - like combining a topical antibiotic with an oral antibiotic and probiotics to help reduce the effects on the intestines.

Ya'll are lumping a medical-school taught way of treating illnesses with goofball 'alternative' medicine.

Latest posts