• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 DGPT Championship Oct 12-16

Yeah, I was wondering the same. While Renny was a touch rough and unkempt when I just played it, I think it has more to offer than Nevin. Nevin was probably my favorite Charlotte course, but Renny has more pro potential, IMO. Better for TV as well. I am sure there is more to the story.

Renny would require 10X the effort/time to prepare that Nevin did. That type of undergrowth and land is so labor intensive relative to Nest/Nevin. And honestly the 3-7 section needs scrapped and redesigned. Renny would also need to be significantly modified for the necessary challenge at the DGPT finale skill level. I think the average score of the 1030+ guys is double digits under par there in the current configuration. The easy button change might be just calling all of the par 5s a par 4 (and they probably play close to that for those guys).

Renny would require 10X the effort/time to prepare that Nevin did. That type of undergrowth and land is so labor intensive relative to Nest/Nevin. And honestly the 3-7 section needs scrapped and redesigned. Renny would also need to be significantly modified for the necessary challenge at the DGPT finale skill level. I think the average score of the 1030+ guys is double digits under par there in the current configuration. The easy button change might be just calling all of the par 5s a par 4 (and they probably play close to that for those guys).

Thanks for the reply. Especially with the short timeframe you (they) had to get a course ready, I'm sure Nevin was a more sensible choice.
The course looked great, and difficult, on video. Great job Charlotte Disc Golf Club!! :clap::hfive:

Looks like you have developed a solid group of female golfers. Any insights as to how that has been accomplished?

Larry LaBond is to thank for the Kalamazoo Ladies' Classic, and Jennifer Sawyer runs the ladies' league at Cold Brook. The only thing I've ever done to indirectly help along something in regards to FPO is getting a course installed in 1998-99 where Liz Carr-Sypien first learned the game.

Thanks for the reply. Especially with the short timeframe you (they) had to get a course ready, I'm sure Nevin was a more sensible choice.
The course looked great, and difficult, on video. Great job Charlotte Disc Golf Club!! :clap::hfive:

Being a midwest guy, I think this is what disc golf should look like. I loved Nevin.

The bolded......:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Can I say it? I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Maybe some of you were thinking it too. Maybe not.
Okay. Here goes.

Hey Ricky! Act like you've been there before.

There. I said what I felt needed saying. I'm just sayin'.

Curious take. What about Simon's recent celebrations?

Not sure how many caught this subtlety in the hole configurations chosen for FPO and MPO but I was pleased to see the Disc Golf Course Designers guideline regarding appropriate skill lengths was followed. Three holes: 4, 9, & 13 were longer for FPO than MPO with par for FPO appropriately set 1 higher than MPO par on those holes. Looking at the stats, FPO and MPO scored similarly in relation to their pars on those holes.

Can I say it? I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Maybe some of you were thinking it too. Maybe not.
Okay. Here goes.

I'm extremely sorry for replying to this so late. I'm just catching up on reading some of these threads. It's possible you might not even see this.

I think Ricky's celebration would have been more muted if he just had a tap-in for the win. He had to birdie a difficult hole twice in a row - he played the hole perfectly, and still had to make two 30-40' putts on a raised basket in order to tie, and then win in sudden death. I think that's cause for excitement.

I'm extremely sorry for replying to this so late. I'm just catching up on reading some of these threads. It's possible you might not even see this.

I think Ricky's celebration would have been more muted if he just had a tap-in for the win. He had to birdie a difficult hole twice in a row - he played the hole perfectly, and still had to make two 30-40' putts on a raised basket in order to tie, and then win in sudden death. I think that's cause for excitement.

I agree, I'm fine with the players celebrating, especially such a big payout.

I think it was a couple of years ago (maybe last year) when Hailey King won, a playoff I think, and she just stood there, looking stunned. Frankly, she probably was stunned and hadn't given a thought to any type of celebration, if so, that was very natural too. :clap:
But, my brother was watching it with me (the TDay broadcast) and I felt the need to tell him that she just won, because it looked like just making another putt.

Okay. Here goes.

I agree, I'm fine with the players celebrating, especially such a big payout.

I think it was a couple of years ago (maybe last year) when Hailey King won, a playoff I think, and she just stood there, looking stunned. Frankly, she probably was stunned and hadn't given a thought to any type of celebration, if so, that was very natural too. :clap:
But, my brother was watching it with me (the TDay broadcast) and I felt the need to tell him that she just won, because it looked like just making another putt.

This is what Tiger did in 2008. Not only was it just for the tie, but he'd actually been there for 13 majors before this one. He's an all-time great. 1:16, since I can't get the vid to start in the right spot.

Latest posts