• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 DGPT Championship Oct 12-16

Supriced to see Henna in the play-in after her play the last months

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/55595

Mainly started this thread because I had a question lol

Does anyone know why they went with Nevin over Hornet's Nest this year?

According to Jeff Spring during the press conference, Hornet's Nest was undergoing changes, and that Nevin was the 2nd choice from when they first moved to Charlotte, so they decided to use Nevin whilst Hornet's Nest was unavailable.

Henna what are you doing?!? i dont get her play from 16 forward. . JUST PLAY SAFE!!!

Hole 18… Henna OB then Alexis shanks her putt OB? Oof.

I mean Alexis' OB is meaningless though. She had to make her putt. Missing it in bounds or putting it OB had the same outcome. She either makes it and advances or misses and goes home. At least she didn't leave it short.

According to Jeff Spring during the press conference, Hornet's Nest was undergoing changes, and that Nevin was the 2nd choice from when they first moved to Charlotte, so they decided to use Nevin whilst Hornet's Nest was unavailable.

Nevin would be my first choice but guessing DGPT likes open courses more for spectator access.

It seems to me that these guys are over playing the course. Trying to bite off more than it will give them.

I think you're right. As a decidedly intermediate-level player, my score playing the course blind was +6, which was as good as half the MPO field for the play-in today. That should never happen if they're playing smart.

Hailey came to play. She's my pick to win, she's posted several practice rounds on her IG so I figured she was prepared. Idk if the FPO layout was easy or if we were watching top shelf players in the women vs men but the guys looked pretty crummy comparatively.

The courses used will likely continue to be based on what's available for the host teams willing to pay via local sponsors for the privilege of hosting events. Eventually, the financial model may flip to where the DGPT is paying the hosts/course owners to run events on their courses, and we'll see a few more of the highly rated gold courses at places like Highbridge on tour. It would seem there's no way some small communities with great courses will be able or willing to put out the kind of money currently needed to get on the elite tour. Of course, getting spectators there from regional population centers would also be a challenge.

Hailey came to play.
When she's on, it's impressive to watch.

Not to demean Hailey in any way, but I feel like this event seems to favor the locals. Hailey and Jerm have had good success, and Nathan Queen last year could be considered somewhat local, right? I don't know if it's course familiarity or a stronger drive to win close to home, but I think it's a trend.