• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 Las Vegas Challenge Feb 24-27

What do ya expect from a tournament that used to be sponsored by a stripper club?

If people still wonder why no FPO player is rated above 1000, just check the ratings for round 1.

According to PDGA, the layout is exactly the same (in terms of length, par doesn't matter).

FPO: Par is rated 930
MPO: Par is rated 969

4 stroke difference... MPO ratings are definitely inflated

If people still wonder why no FPO player is rated above 1000, just check the ratings for round 1.

According to PDGA, the layout is exactly the same (in terms of length, par doesn't matter).

Hmm its morning here and i´m tired but i dont get it. .

A 57 for MPO is rated 969 and a 57 for FPO is rated 967. . .

If Ricky is gonna rock the sweatpants for the tournament at least go all in wear the old man gray ones.

I know he's a Nike guy, so maybe pair them with a fresh pair of bright white Air Monarch's to start the season off?

:|

I resemble this post

Whoo! Great to have pro DG back. Watched the free stream this morning, with finger on the FF button. The best way IMO. Quick takes on people that I saw:

Eagle must really have the elbow bad. Not one forehand? Not even on a obvious tactic/mid approach, that caused him a bogey? To add insult to injury (yeah pun) the cause was goofing off in a Jomez production. Ugh. He was pulling also lot (2-3) of big hyzer drives way off to the right. Crazy he can be one off the lead given all that, but hes just that good.

Ricky seemed solid. Few surprising putt misses that didnt have a chance.

Calvin ditto. They are just too good to be affected by small problems. Without them they'd be -13-14

Linus - ok I buy the hype. Seppo beat him though :D (which always matters to Finns that we beat the Swedes lol)

Brodie - kinda sad I watched the early vids with Simon. Had I never seen them I could be a fan. Now it looks like I never will.

Notable mention from the scoreboard:

Kyle?? Where are you, dude? Looks like 5 OBs ate him up. 100 C1X, 0 C2

3 metal hits off the tee, with one going in. Love it!

Like you said, par doesn't matter... only total strokes and since they are playing the same layout, you get this:

FPO: 53 strokes is rated 1004
MPO: 53 strokes is rated 1006

There is not a separate rating scale for women, everyone is rated on the same system.

The 4 stroke difference is because par was four strokes lower for women, so par rating is ~40 points lower.

If Ricky is gonna rock the sweatpants for the tournament at least go all in wear the old man gray ones.

I know he's a Nike guy, so maybe pair them with a fresh pair of bright white Air Monarch's to start the season off?

If I just spent $10mil getting Rick on my team I would be a little peaved that he looks like a disheveled mess with the sweatpants

If I just spent $10mil getting Rick on my team I would be a little peaved that he looks like a disheveled mess with the sweatpants

I wonder why he was really wearing those. They were way too big on the waist and not very professional looking. I'm wondering if his luggage got lost or something. That combined with his new military style haircut :confused:, he just doesn't seem to have the swagger he's worked toward the last couple years.

Hmm its morning here and i´m tired but i dont get it. .

A 57 for MPO is rated 969 and a 57 for FPO is rated 967. . .

It's actually an example of the ratings system working really well. Two identical layouts calculated with two different fields yielded the same results. That's how statistics is supposed to work.

Like you said, par doesn't matter... only total strokes and since they are playing the same layout, you get this:

FPO: 53 strokes is rated 1004
MPO: 53 strokes is rated 1006

There is not a separate rating scale for women, everyone is rated on the same system.

The 4 stroke difference is because par was four strokes lower for women, so par rating is ~40 points lower.

These are separate ratings scales because the TD identified them as separate layouts. The algorithm just looks at the name of each layout. It can't rely on distances being the same and assume it was the same course (what if the OB rules were different between two divisions who played the same tees and baskets?). Since the two layouts have different names, the system views them as different layouts and calculates them independently.

Lol I wanted to make a similar remark but think I've been kinda harsh towards him in the past.

I wonder why he was really wearing those. They were way too big on the waist and not very professional looking. I'm wondering if his luggage got lost or something. That combined with his new military style haircut :confused:, he just doesn't seem to have the swagger he's worked toward the last couple years.

I like the haircut, not the sweatpants.

I tried watching the FPO yesterday. Like watching paint dry.

I actually have watched paint dry. It's a less predictable show than: Throw as far as possible, layup, miss the putt, drop in, repeat.

But, I guess there is just no way to design an exciting course for FPO, other than, you know, listen to Sarah Hokom and make all the holes 75-80% as long as the holes for MPO.

Heard he was wearing Dynamic shorts but tossed on the sweatpants just before gametime to keep the raptor legs warm enough.

These are separate ratings scales because the TD identified them as separate layouts. The algorithm just looks at the name of each layout. It can't rely on distances being the same and assume it was the same course (what if the OB rules were different between two divisions who played the same tees and baskets?). Since the two layouts have different names, the system views them as different layouts and calculates them independently.

That's just sloppy programing. If ratings depend on knowing which layouts are physically the same, then we need a field to identify which physical layouts are the same. Changes in the name of the layout or the pars should not reduce the amount of information available to the ratings process. That field could be most of the current layout name, but with par and notes (like "Friday's Round") in separate fields.

Latest posts