• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 DGPT Play It Again Sports Jonesboro Open (pres. by Prodigy)

I have a few days left on my DGN subscription and have to agree. They talk a lot about themselves. I guess they have to fill dead air.
In addition to the amount of time it takes to watch live coverage, the commentators' need to fill the down time with "whatever it is they say to keep themselves entertained," is another reason I prefer post pro. For every really cool nugget they do share, you get 3-4 bits you really don't care about.

Since post pro boils the action down to just the shots, the people behind the mic don't drivel as much. The conciseness of post pro coverage pretty much forces them to stay on topic for the most part.

Last edited:
Vinny cut his hair!!!!

Looks like Calvin's first double digit finish this year has convinced him to change things.
Looks good!! :clap::clap:

I have a few days left on my DGN subscription and have to agree. They talk a lot about themselves. I guess they have to fill dead air.

I'd been mainly watching FPO and that seemed much more about the players

I re-upped but I'm already tired of the commercials. In particular I despise the PIP commercials.

I re-upped but I'm already tired of the commercials. In particular I despise the PIP commercials.

I just got a little sick of the pixelated coverage, the commercials, and the fact I'm in Australia and there are only so many all-nighters I can pull :)

Post-production look so much more crisp and I can view it in my own time.

I heard a rumour Kat M. threw a leftie backhand today. Does anybody know what hole? I guess if she was on lead card I'll see it post-production anyway.

Last edited:
Kristin finishing outside the top 10 is a bit of a shock. I expect her to steadily climb the leaderboard the next 2 days.

Kristin finishing outside the top 10 is a bit of a shock. I expect her to steadily climb the leaderboard the next 2 days.

She's definitely got her work cut out for her, but would anybody really be surprised if she makes the lead card for the final round, or finishes in the top 3?

Cant imagine her not figuring out what didn't go right for her, and correcting it.

It's the inability to not pause that really gets me. Doesn't seem like that would be a huge fix.

I prefer waiting for the post pro too, but sometimes I don't want to wait and then some social media post ruins the suspense.

I think it's an intentional choice. Can't go back during Live to confirm rules infractions and stir up social media. ;)

I don't think it's that thought out. When they do YouTube live you can pause, RW, and FFW.

I could be wrong, but doesn't this fall under Hazlon's razor? Don't attribute to malice when simple incompetence could be an explanation?

Seems a good fit.

I don't think it's that thought out. When they do YouTube live you can pause, RW, and FFW.

I could be wrong, but doesn't this fall under Hazlon's razor? Don't attribute to malice when simple incompetence could be an explanation?

Seems a good fit.
Probably no malice involved and it could simply be considered a good streaming practice much more to prevent viewers from skipping over ads than avoiding potential rules comments.

Probably no malice involved and it could simply be considered a good streaming practice much more to prevent viewers from skipping over ads than avoiding potential rules comments.

Intentionally forcing paying viewers to watch ads when they paid for a subscription could be considered it's own brand of malice (and not incompetence), but that is another story I suppose.

Intentionally forcing paying viewers to watch ads when they paid for a subscription could be considered it's own brand of malice (and not incompetence), but that is another story I suppose.

I'm with you on that. But I can ignore the full screen commercials and not miss action. The PIP would be my reason to stop watching live or even replay and just watch post pro.

I recall about a month or so ago numerous members voiced their dislike for Brian Earhart. I was on the fence about him, but he has absolutely grown on me. He has a nice easy to listen to voice and he's definitely knowledgeable about the game.
I believe he is doing mostly "on the course" commentating, but I wouldn't mind hearing more of him.

I recall about a month or so ago numerous members voiced their dislike for Brian Earhart. I was on the fence about him, but he has absolutely grown on me. He has a nice easy to listen to voice and he's definitely knowledgeable about the game.
I believe he is doing mostly "on the course" commentating, but I wouldn't mind hearing more of him.

I believe he's in the booth for FPO some.

I agree. He is easy to listen to and adds very good information.

But after it's over, you can scrub through like on youtube.

And meanwhile...James Conrad...wow...

Latest posts