• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

421' with decent evidence .. lol

400' is awesome distance reguardless of the disc. I've only seen 400' once in my life (on flat ground) truly awe-inspiring...

Come out to Elm Creek (Maple Grove, MN). If you cannot hit 400 consistently at this course, you are not going to make par, EVER. Okay... if you can putt consistently than maybe you have a shot.

So, if you can hit 400 with a Katana, awesome. If you can do it with a TeeBird, then more than likely you have killer technique and form and par is not even going to be a challenge for you. If you can do it with a Shark, then you are probably the person who helped Tim Gill design this course.

I have several DGCR members (including the OP Backhand, and ericj FH) who could vouch for me but I'll make it official and take some video.

Indeed. You're the one that really showed me how far somebody could throw from a standstill, and I've mentioned it on this site more than once. It was by imitating what I could remember of your form (from when we were doubles partners at the Ace Race) that I really started getting out there. I remember Rob Pine (the designer of the course we were playing on, and a member of our foursome) pulling me aside, and telling me to watch you closely, because he'd never seen anybody throw like that without a run-up.

DEFINITELY get that on video. Do I need to make an Arizona run just so we record each other, and get into this damned group? lol

And to Apothecary:

If it's 'iffy' .. then wait until I get you something that isn't. Sounds pretty simple to me. This is all fun, either way you slice it ...

I say an AZ trip is in order. Perhaps a trip to the new courses in Bullhead City, or coming out to the Kingman Ace Race on February 5th. If it works out at work I may be in Vegas mid February as well to play the GCC at sunset park, and that time frame would also work out.

I've seen video of ZJ throwing far. he does indeed have a metroid cannon arm.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20176

okay so it was a gif. but he's too ugly for anyone else to claim ownership of that face.

pretty terrible form in that GIF. I had picked up the 360 a couple days before. and the winning throw was an Xcal thrown smooth, not powered. I took some off because everyone else had botched their throws in the wind, so I didn't have to go for broke. I've cleaned that form up a lot, and when I can get hit it with the 360 I can put them well past 500.

so how do I join this elite club again?

Hey, here in China we can't use images off of Google, they would cut my hand off. And at least I'm handsome and dressed like a gentleman. You my friend, are an ugly bastard.

Mine was a screen shot I took while watching Colbert report on hulu

I want to be in the club so check out this vid of a valkyrie hitting 400.
Look to the right of the close light pole at that flag and at about 10 seconds you can see the disc come down. The second clip is just me running over to where the disc landed.

400map.jpg

i dont see a video.:\

edit: dont mind me. im a little retarded.

looks legit. now post one with you saying what your dgcr handle is and then throwing a shot like that and youll be in like flin.;)

Last edited:
I think he just flipped us the bird.

can you do that? i reported him.

ima be flipping the bird left and right if its ok to.:thmbup:

No it's probably not OK (to do it on purpose). Somehow I don't think that was his intention. A lot of people point with their middle finger.

whats with big throwers having a hard time following simple directions?:confused:

The problem is that in a video with no sound, its a little hard to say your screen name. And its not like I go around telling people my name is "cooler will" anyway. I think I provided more than enough evidence.

Additionally, where is a video of someone in that club throwing 400? All I can find are a few crappy ones in this thread. (The only good video I've seen of someone on this site throwing far, (other than the one I posted) was of that dude katcsh).

The problem is that in a video with no sound, its a little hard to say your screen name. And its not like I go around telling people my name is "cooler will" anyway. I think I provided more than enough evidence.

Additionally, where is a video of someone in that club throwing 400? All I can find are a few crappy ones in this thread. (The only good video I've seen of someone on this site throwing far, (other than the one I posted) was of that dude katcsh).

most of the members that are in the IFOBG have been personally witnessed by yours truly. you should come out to the socal meet and show off your gusto!

or get a real video camera.:\