• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

50 Courses Played

That's messed up, 50 courses within 30 miles!? I had to across an ocean last month just to bump mine up to 85. Reaching 100 doesn't look like it will be in the cards for 2016, but there's a decent chance I'll could get my country count up to 5 or 6 :D

lion has played 320 in California. This includes courses no longer standing.

QUOTE=tallpaul;3030280]Just for record; I believe I'm now (though I have to mark them as played); the second person to ever have 300 played in one state. Eclipsed that mark this weekend.

*Same weekend my major traveling buddy of the past year or two (who posted the above) hit his 400th played! Two separate trips this time! Us course baggers gotta do what we have to do to get 'er done!*[/QUOTE]

^^^Yep, Lion beat me to it; thus, second to do it (I believe).....

I've been over 300 for quite a while in general terms, but in pure: "put the check mark next to; on DGCR terms"; I just completed it yesterday.

(Considering Wisco only lists 275 courses; I would say I sprinted (for 25 years!) to 300 as fast as I could!) :)

Last edited:
Sitting at 320 in Cali DGCR marked and 336 in the state if u add private courses and so forth

Been stuck on 50 for a while now. Will finally bag a new course this weekend at a tourney on a temp course.

Teh_Wood has courses marked me hasn't actually played so that's upsetting me. He just wanted to mark the amount he had played and not necessarily the correct courses. Really bothers me since I kinda pride myself on hitting courses that are way out there or hard to reach or are invite only.

I've never actually counted my courses played until just now. 8 seems like a very week number. Especially when I've been playing for 16 years (9 since a course was built with enough 30 minutes).

Not counting w/e courses I walked and threw discs 5 feet as a child.

Teh_Wood has courses marked me hasn't actually played so that's upsetting me. He just wanted to mark the amount he had played and not necessarily the correct courses. Really bothers me since I kinda pride myself on hitting courses that are way out there or hard to reach or are invite only.

I mean, props for getting that many courses played, but that's pretty weak. Seriously, take the time to figure out what courses you played. It's not that hard. If you don't care enough to do that, well then you don't care enough about leaving a record of it.

Can we get a special html attached to his number of courses played? maybe an * or perhaps /s

I'm as skeptical about his exploits as anyone on here, but how exactly would we disprove that it happened? It's not like our own played courses are verified or anything.

We'll never prove it. But he made some extremely dubious claims of playing private courses with limited access, and we'll happily take the doubts about those claims and apply them to the rest.

I'm at 109. It used to be a lot harder to get courses played around here. When I started playing basket courses circa 2000 there were only 13 courses in the entire state of Mississippi. It's much better now but still not nearly as many close by as some areas of the country.

I'm halfway to 50!

I confess there are a couple courses where I only played about half, cuz I just wanted to scout the course or was racing against the sunset. I enjoy playing more than I do bagging courses, however; so I'd rather return to familiar courses than bag random ones with questionable merit. I was just up in the Clearwater area, and I chose to play Cliff and Coachman twice each, preferring a double portion of those over playing a couple more courses just once. I was happy I also got to make it to Picnic Island and brave the mosquitoes for a very respectable course.

I think it's more impressive to have some kind of statistic for "number of good courses played." Or is there some kind of competition that I didn't know about?

I agree somewhat with armiller in that when I find courses I like I tend to go back there. I do sometimes hit a course just to say I played it lol. Playing a lot of courses does give you some perspective on what's out there, what's good etc. When I road trip to new courses I will usually play a course at least twice rather than hit a bunch of courses 1 time each.

I was halfway to my 50 at the beginning of the summer. After vacation, I had two more (Kilborne and Socastee), and just got #28 a couple weeks ago (The Players Course at Alum Creek). I know of a couple new ones in this area that I need to try (need to take a disc golf roadtrip to Charleston WVa sometime soon!). Hoping to be up to 30 by the end of the year.

I'm as skeptical about his exploits as anyone on here, but how exactly would we disprove that it happened? It's not like our own played courses are verified or anything.

I mean I guess not. Buuut it's not like you actually get anything for marking lots of courses played. It just seems pretty weak to just mark random courses and insulting to people that contribute to the site. not even doubting that's he's played that many. Why can't he just mark the correct ones?

Latest posts