• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

600' goal is done! 170 pro destroyer

kachtz

Birdie Member
if anyone remembers, i set out a goal for 600' about a month and a half ago, i did not think 600 was achieveable for me, but i got lucky today!

:) threw 5 discs today and 2 of them were just over 600'

i was out helping someone throw in a field today at Pratt park, and i was tossing them back to the guy and i was measuring his throws (avg 90yards)
and he said he wanted to see me throw a few.

i caught the 170 destroyers perfect it seemed, it looked like it went farther than i ever threw, but i walked to the disc expecting to be another 530-550 throw, but when that 203 yard (609ft) popped up on the range finder i was speachless.

both throws over 600 were with a new 170 pro destroyer

Last edited:
i need a way of mesuring distance acurately ..

as when i went to the feild the other day i walked off 200 full steps ... i figured inbetween 2.5/3 feet a step so id have at least a 500' goal .mark-being the farthest soccer goal post....

but after i got home and realized my goal was the farthest goal post ona soccer feld i was throwing at .. well ... if im throwing acrosss one soccer feild .. and then to another and to the farthest soccer post ...the two feilds alone are on avarage 300 feet a peice ... and then the distance between the feilds ... im wonderinng how far i was realy throwing

i know it takes alot for me to get even close to 500 ....but i need a Roller Measuring Wheel ... that would be so tits ......

CONgratz on the distance ... Id love to try and sChool you :)

Nice job.

Now shut the hell up! ;)

Congrats!!! Did you end up every trying to nail three firebirds together to help keep your discs under control from your killer rips?

if anyone remembers, i set out a goal for 600' about a month and a half ago, i did not think 600 was achieveable for me, but i got lucky today!

:) threw 5 discs today and 2 of them were just over 600'

i was out helping someone throw in a field today at Pratt park, and i was tossing them back to the guy and i was measuring his throws (avg 90yards)
and he said he wanted to see me throw a few.

i caught the 170 destroyers perfect it seemed, it looked like it went farther than i ever threw, but i walked to the disc expecting to be another 530-550 throw, but when that 203 yard (609ft) popped up on the range finder i was speachless.

both throws over 600 were with a new 170 pro destroyer

Aint gonna lie... I'm a bit jealous.

With that said, I just watched the final round of the Brent Hambrick Memorial Open and didn't see anyone throw 600.

By the way... :popcorn:

I couldn't help but notice that the final four men was comprised of Discraft sponsored pro's. Doss won the tourney. Props must go to Val and Innova for the ladies...

:clap: Way to go dude!

*silently mumbles "stupid kachtz and his stupid sexy throws" and kicks a rock across the street*

ya im excited! i know there are a lot of people who can throw in the 500s, but prob not as many that can throw in the 600s..obviously it doesnt do much for 99% of the courses that you play on, but its so cool to see a disc go that far in person, weather it was me doing it or someone else...

I was clicking through the Gateway site, looking at the Touring Pro Team bios here:

http://www.gdstour.com/gateway_sponsored_players.php

None of them listed a "Big Drive" distance of more than 460 feet (that was for Garrett Gurthie). By the way, that Locastro guy had 419' as a big drive. He seems to do okay...

That info is really, really old and is no where near accurate now.

That info is really, really old and is no where near accurate now.

But it says, and I quote: "The site is constantly being updated so please visit again soon." Constantly!!! So it's got to be up-to-date. :)

600 ft holes

Not to down play your achievement (I've been playing for 2 months and can barely throw 300'), but how many 600 ft holes do you play? 90% of the holes I play are right around 300'. Only one course I've ever played had any holes over 500'. And most of the long holes I've seen are through trees, where accuracy is far more important than distance.

Again, I would kill (or at least severely maim someone) to throw that far, but it would just be for show and I would probably never be able to use it on a course.

Not to down play your achievement (I've been playing for 2 months and can barely throw 300'), but how many 600 ft holes do you play? 90% of the holes I play are right around 300'. Only one course I've ever played had any holes over 500'. And most of the long holes I've seen are through trees, where accuracy is far more important than distance.

Again, I would kill (or at least severely maim someone) to throw that far, but it would just be for show and I would probably never be able to use it on a course.

Yeah, but when you walk up to that 300' hole and are winging a driver to get there, and he's throwing a controlled shot with his putter, who is going to be closer most of the time? Yeah that 600' of raw distance may not come in handy all that often, but the form you need to learn to get that kind of distance can help a lot of aspects of your game, and open up lines that you wouldn't otherwise be able to hit.

Deis Hill in Ohio has 5 600+ feet holes playing from the blue tees, and more over 500'...somewhere 600' of throwing power would be very appreciated. Good luck deucing hole 1 from the white or blue (about 830 and 970' I think) without that kind of distance.

Also think about how accurate you can be if anything under 320 is putter range and anything under 400 is handled by your Buzz / Roc.

ya im excited! i know there are a lot of people who can throw in the 500s, but prob not as many that can throw in the 600s..obviously it doesnt do much for 99% of the courses that you play on, but its so cool to see a disc go that far in person, weather it was me doing it or someone else...

In the past 5 years the number of people who can throw 600 has probably gone up by a factor of 10.

These new discs make it possible........I know I have hit 600 with one of my 1st Nuke throws and my longest in a D competition was 563' before that.

Also the Gateway "Big Drives" are really golf D and not distance lines........mine says 415'

Anyway there still aren't many who can hit 600 but now I even meet Rec/Int players with 500+ drives (albeit inconsistently) which kinda makes throwing far less appealing.

Latest posts