• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

8/15/12 Minneapolis (Eden Prairie), MN

GripEnemy

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Premium Member
Bryant Lake Park
Minneapolis (Eden Prairie), MN

Hole #5
Red: 253' par 4?
<< not a typo
Black: 432' par 3

Course Map:
46a2472a.jpg

Tee:
fc4b329e.jpg

Basket:
eb9be142.jpg

Just because it looks nice:
80f92fc5.jpg

I'll wait for a local, I don't comprehend the short par 4 in relation to this long downhill picture.

Buzzz or Voodoo from short depending on wind, Katana from long

:clap: Beautiful landscaping!
From the long: Blizzard Destroyer, then probably Fuse & Banger for a 3.
From the short, I might be able to get my Comet to anny up there close for the putt.
Love the downhill open shots! :thmbup:

From the long, just throw a wraith aiming for the trees to the left, let it fade right under the basket drop in the challenger (I love this hole).

Never played the shorts, I think the par 4 is for recs playing from the longs, from the short, probably just anny a buzzz and then drop in the challenger.

It's 430' but it plays more like 325'. Long steady downhill slope that bends right a little at the end, and the green is fast as well. I throw a Teebird or Meteor depending on the wind.

I'll wait for a local, I don't comprehend the short par 4 in relation to this long downhill picture.

Three Rivers Park District wants to be incredibly family friendly, especially those who have never played before. Thus the incredibly high par on a lot of holes, especially from the short tee boxes.

Anyway, it is a tougher bottle neck in front of the basket that requires a slight right turn at the end of the flight. A laser shot can park the basket but not run it. You need something that turns late to have a chance. The only ace I have ever seen on this hole was thrown by a lower powered player who had his beat sidewinder perfectly dialed in.

It can be reached with mids, but fairway drivers are usually the best way to go.

The hill behind the basket can snag most drives that go a little long, but if you have too much height the hill slopes down for a long way and you are not coming back. The trees on the right in front of the basket are dense with numerous tiny windows, thus easy to get in, numerous tempting ways to get out, but it is likely adding one or two throws to your score. The forest on the left is a little more forgiving, but not by much.

I do not trust anyone who said they are going to tee off with a putter. The opening from the tee box is somewhat narrow and height sensitive. Your first shot needs to be aimed at the basket, so you need something that turns late.

Someone who throws forehand or lefty will have an eaiser time with this hole.

Personally I throw a TeeBird low and flat hoping to keep it straight with the intention of parking it in the chips 15 feet to the basket's left.

Someone who can simply keep it in the fairway is going to get a 3. Not a bad choice because there are numerous other holes were birdies are easier. Better to get par than a bogey any day.

I do not trust anyone who said they are going to tee off with a putter. The opening from the tee box is somewhat narrow and height sensitive. Your first shot needs to be aimed at the basket, so you need something that turns late.

I should have been a little more clear. Teeing off with a putter from the short is perfectly valid, teeing off with a putter from the long is only going to be good if you are already conceeding to a par.

I never see anyone teeing off from the shorts on any hole with the exception of maybe 8 and 17. The park does a wonderful job landscaping around the long tees; benches, bag holders, great flow from the previous hole, and great locations for scenery. The shorts just seemed plopped down in the middle of the fairway.

Superb analysis, smarkquart.

Teebird from the long, comet from the short.

Yup, smark is dead on. You can't see the pinchpoint at all in the first picture, it was very grown in when I was there last month.

Anyway, RHFH star teebird shot.

Latest posts