• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ace memories

Woodlands Course Highbridge WI

My first was out at Highland Hills in WI and it was actually just last fall. Considering how long i have been playing, I was well overdue. Trust me, i hit chains and basket plenty of times before this, just never received the luck aspect of an ace. Anyways, i threw a 190 ft hole 7 on Woodland Greens course out there after sinking ohhhh i dont know approximately my 10th beer of the day and with a snake like pattern my disc hit and sunk for the first time. There are much better holes to ace, but hey i will take it, waiting for the rest to flood in now. If you havent played out in Highland....do it. Look the courses up for yourself.

I got my first ace at Sherwood Forest DGC . It's a small 9 hole practice/kids course but being a beginner (only playing for little over 2 months) it is perfect for my friends and I. Every Saturday we herd/mob together and hit the course. Great day to hang with my friends and just get out and enjoy the outdoors. Our conversation always centers around who will get the first ACE as we all just started playing. Well I nailed mine on hole #8 130ft. Try to visualize but they put big metal arrows as obstructions on both the left and right making an alley way to the hole. Your choice is to hyzer, anhyzer, or straight down the middle. I stepped up and fired it straight down the center. It looked low but straight at first. It fluttered about 20 feet from the basket and rose up and BANG! CHAINS! My friends went nuts with high fives and congrats all the way around. It was an awsome feeling that has fed the addiction that I already have! Question to you all is what is the tradition for getting your first ACE? Retire the disc? Have everyone sign it? or don't do any of the mentioned and get out and play!

I got my "first" ace back in may of 2010 with a Z buzz on a relatively short hole 200' or so. But there was no one there like not a soul in the park, so it may have been a dream not really sure. But haven't had one since hit a few baskets playing doubles running it cuz my partner parked it, but nothing ever goes in.

Got my first ace Saturday after watching the Huskers game. Funny thing is is that I hit the basket on a 200ft shot two holes before I got the ace.......and to think I was bummed I missed the short ace only to get a 295ft ace 10 minutes later.

2nd round back from Afghanistan, and I really wasn't feeling it playing Cumberland Green in Fountain, CO. I was playing with my daughter, so it was a very lassiez-faire round....I got to hole 7, which is a short lazer shot through some trees that are about 30 feet in front of the teepad. Just goofing around I pulled out the Star Leopard and threw it better than I've ever thrown it before or since, and sure enough, dead center in the basket and I sunk it! My daughter was going nuts, and I was trying to play it cool.

Have yet to replicate my success on that hole, but for anyone playing, hole 7 is a perfect ace run!

Latest posts