• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Acorn Park, Roseville MN

-I bike or bus to an overwhelming majority of rounds I play.
-I love the new Acorn layout.
-I have never done any "substance" that has been alluded to in this discussion.
-I put lots of money into the economy when I go to Roseville, almost always to play disc golf.
-I have been playing disc golf since 1996. Acorn has been busy every summer since I have started playing, and is one of the more popular courses for younger kids.

You don't have to like disc golf, but it is a very cheap way to get a lot of people outside. The changes make the course flow much better with the paths and neighborhood surrounding the course. In my opinion the course is harder, more enjoyable, and safer than before the changes.

-I bike or bus to an overwhelming majority of rounds I play.
-I love the new Acorn layout.
-I have never done any "substance" that has been alluded to in this discussion.
-I put lots of money into the economy when I go to Roseville, almost always to play disc golf.
-I have been playing disc golf since 1996. Acorn has been busy every summer since I have started playing, and is one of the more popular courses for younger kids.

You don't have to like disc golf, but it is a very cheap way to get a lot of people outside. The changes make the course flow much better with the paths and neighborhood surrounding the course. In my opinion the course is harder, more enjoyable, and safer than before the changes.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::

Renewel dupe, want to play sometime soon? I can show you the ropes--it might give you a better understanding of the course and the new design or, better yet, you might get a new hobby out of it.

And for those driving to Acorn Park from Maple Grove, save your time, money and effort. The neighborhood will do fine without your business.

Do you find it fun to troll? Or do you really have the "this is my town" small town mentality? I would guess my family and extended family has called the Roseville area home longer than you have been alive. Why don't you move on to a bigger issue, like the ever growing gang problem within pockets of Roseville? That issue seems more appropriate for a keyboard crusader like yourself.

And don't you worry, I plan to use my time and money to play Acorn both Saturday and Sunday of this weekend. See you there? I will be the one using a megaphone to shout my love for the redesign and public spending on disc golf courses. :thmbup:

I love that people will criticize after the fact but refuse to be active and put in their opinions and EFFORT and TIME during the entire process. Coming from someone who has worked to get better skateparks in Minnesota, it is a thankless job and no matter what a lot of people that were no where to be found during the process want to comment on how to do it better, cheaper, etc. Usually they are the loudest for whatever reason, because they think they know the most. But in reality, they know very little of the actual process and amount of work it takes to do something like this.

Thank you to everyone that helped Acorn and any other course get updated vs being destroyed! And to anyone in the neighborhood that dislikes disc golf at Acorn, I wonder why you would choose to utilize Acorn so often/move near there knowing full well that it has and will continue to have a disc golf course.

Perhaps this gentleman that is trolling forgot that he had city representatives he could have contacted during the whole process to give his comments and time to help better the park? Or he rather just come bother some of you that let him vs doing anything productive with his time.

I would prefer mr. dupe to keep complaining here rather than at city hall. Or just play a round of disc. it really is 18 holes :)

I rather people like this go take it to City Hall. Then they can see how hard it is to make anything change. I guarantee if this guy went and complained they'd just look at him like "uhh, okay no one here cares but we will look into it." Or they'll say something like "where were you the last year or ten that this had been discussed?"

What happened to my bash Acorn thread??? Damn vocal minority, ruining it for the slightly larger and slightly less vocal minority.