• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

affordable basket>??

tillertiller

im looking for a NON CLOTH basket to put in the basement till it gets warmer outside then move it out doors. looking to spend no more then 120% is this realistic? does anyone know of any sites for deals?? or have any recommendations on which baskets to look at ?

You should check out the Instep disc golf basket. I was able to find one for $80 a few years ago and it is still in decent shape. I pretty much keep it in the front yard every day, unless I know a bad storm is coming. I went to the hardware store and purchased some inner chains which made a huge difference.

im looking for a NON CLOTH basket to put in the basement till it gets warmer outside then move it out doors. looking to spend no more then 120% is this realistic? does anyone know of any sites for deals?? or have any recommendations on which baskets to look at ?

120% of what? :D

There are many practice baskets in the 100% range. Check Amazon.

Very happy with my MVP Hive double chain basket. :thmbup:

mObDldbqxv47F2AKpX5Xbig.jpg

$129.99 and free shipping. A definite upgrade from my Innova Skillshot.

I got a basket identified only on the paperwork in the box as "Faith Power Group Portable/Practice Basket." Here's a thread about this basket. It didn't have a brand name on it in the ebay sale that I bought it from.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111788

I believe that the Hive basket, the Faith Power Group basket, and maybe even a couple others on Amazon and/or ebay are the same basket, but painted different colors and branded differently. I've seen a blue one on ebay that looks identical, but they installed the top chain assembly upside down in the picture. LOL!

Some come with inner chains, like the one I bought, and some don't. The inner chains are definitely important for this basket to catch well.

Last edited:
Also the DiscMania Lite basket is a great basement target, and you can have one in a few days without lifting two fingers

I have the Pacific Outdoors Basket, believe its the inStep basket re-branded. Pretty good construction and easy to take down; two or three pull pins and it collapses on top of it self. Nothing like a portal innova basket, but I kept the box it came in for travel to the back yard or longer fields near by. Overall think one can be had for $97 on amazon.

412EY9QE8RL.jpg

I've had the DGA M-14 for about three years as well. It has been solid but the next one's I buy will be the MVP Hive baskets.

so wait - having used both, do you like the cross chains, or double chains better?

I have not thrown on a cross-chains version of the Hive, only the double. I haven't heard anything bad about the cross-chains version, but I think people are preferring the double chains since I sell 15 Doubles per 1 Cross

I've thrown on the Hive Double Chains and all of the MVP baskets. All of them are good practice baskets in my opinion. The MVP Practice is well worth the extra $5 over the Hive Double Chains. You can check them out here: http://kwsdiscgolf.com/product-category/baskets/

and extra 5 dollars isnt going o break the bank. however why would you recommend that black hole practice basket over the hive double chain? i was about to buy the hive.