• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My daughter is 2, almost 3. Once she hit's 4 or so, I hope to give her a nice collection of 3-4 lightweigh discs to play around with. She already loves to run and overhand discs into my practice basket :) So cute.

My daughter is 2, almost 3. Once she hit's 4 or so, I hope to give her a nice collection of 3-4 lightweigh discs to play around with. She already loves to run and overhand discs into my practice basket :) So cute.

My daughter has been dropping discs into my discatcher sport as soon as she could walk. She already has a nice little collection of her own discs to play around with. Never too young to start playin'! She will be 2 in Jan '13.

I introduced my stepson to disc golf when he was 9. He is now 13 and throws pretty darn well.

I wish I would of known about disc golf when I was younger.

I started playing when Iwas 10 and my 3 year old loves tojoin me on the course. She also loves to tomohawk discs into my DGA Mach lite.

Just played a tourney with this lanky 16 year-old who was lights out one round. I kept telling him how jealous I was in that I started playings two years ago at 34. I could throw a football half a mile between 16 - 25 and it just kills me thinking how far I could've driven then.

Just played a tourney with this lanky 16 year-old who was lights out one round. I kept telling him how jealous I was in that I started playings two years ago at 34. I could throw a football half a mile between 16 - 25 and it just kills me thinking how far I could've driven then.
880 yards? Seems legit

I am glad I started now at 14 because I get a head start. I plan to play throughout my life because it is an amazing game and I am starting to get good at it. But I thought if I started earlier I don't think I would like it like I do now because it was hard for me anyways to start at 14. It took me a while to get into it but I did it and am glad. Now I am getting my friends into it so looks like disc golf is becoming more popular in the younger ages.

It's always great to get other juniors in DG!

I'm just getting started at 47 and definitely wish I had started younger. I'll always wish I could throw farther. I don't think at my age that I ever will. So I'm just gonna have to learn to be more crafty.

Do it! Now!

The sooner you start, the better player you'll be. I wish (oh wish!) I would've known about this sport when I was younger. I coulda been a super-star by now! lol
I grew up throwing Frisbee's way back in the day. I went to the beach (Santa Cruz) every day during summer & every weekend during school year & threw Frisbee's all the time! I knew a little bit about Ultimate but I didnt know anything about Disc Golf. I was pretty good at throwing a Frisbee & thought it might translate over to Disc Golf but it's not quite the same thing!
One other thing I might suggest: find a pro player to throw with. It will make a big difference in how you progress. If you throw with a bunch of beginners, you'll ingrane the wrong technique & over time it will become hard to shake. Play & learn from a pro & you could become the next Will Schusterick!

i have both of my daughters playing. they are 8 & 12. granted they only play when they are with me for the one weekend a month their miserable mother allows me to see them, but we get out for a few hours every visit

The only thing that stinks about being under 16 is you can't drive to a course and the nearest course is 3 miles away so it's hard to bike there too. I am taking drivers ed 2nd trimester so I will get my license as so as possible mostly to go disc golfing lol.

Latest posts