• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

Snagged my first flat one at a small shop. Color is neon yellow. My phones color isn't the best..

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1424891825401.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1424891825401.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 157
Nice!!! I have never seen a star that flat. My stars are early run and fly like a well-worn champ. I bet that will be similar to glow stability.

I've been VERY anxiously awaiting them. Ughhh. C'mon Innova.

I'm trying to check in on the Pro Shop everyday.

I snagged a Xout glow FB on MST, and on the first throw hit the chains. Disappointed it didn't stick but I'm pretty happy.

Has anyone heard anything new about the Nate Sexton Color Glow Firebirds? I haven't seen anything in the Innova pro shop.

^ This! I've seen where Nate posted some photos of these. The artwork looks great and I would love to try one of these out. Knowing my luck, I'll completely miss out them as I'm sure this will be a popular release!

:popcorn:

I was just talking about the Nate Sexton firebird in the tournament Saturday. Patiently waiting on the release! Thinking about buying the Des Reading firebird but the reviews say her firebird has some dome which never seems to feel good in my hand for backhand shots.

I have a firebird with your avatar stamped on it JM (the iron lion)!!

never found a FAF, just had slightly domey FB and they work just fine for me (overstable goodness)

I've more than enough back ups, but the nate sexton tour edition has been on my radar as well.

I was just talking about the Nate Sexton firebird in the tournament Saturday. Patiently waiting on the release! Thinking about buying the Des Reading firebird but the reviews say her firebird has some dome which never seems to feel good in my hand for backhand shots.

Yeah. The Des firebirds do have some dome, and fly straighter longer with a little glide (relative to other FBs). I like 'em, but they are what they are. And they ain't FAF Firebirds.

tournament glow firebirds always seem to have some flat or even FAF ones in the batch. the couple of icebowls I was in I chose some nice (albeit ligher 170's) flat firebirds in the player pack stash. I hastily sold them, because while they maybe flat, usually very rigid, and super OS they seem to blend in with whatever surroundings it lands in no matter what season.

but i forgot how damn easy glow champ plastic is to dye... i ended up dying my glow gator and roc3 recently and now wish I just kept the flat firebirds I had and made my own glow colored firebirds.

Got my first Firebird today, I got a flat top Star. I look forward to testing it this weekend. I'm assuming it'll fly similar to my Neutron Shock, but with a little more distance and a little less glide.

You are in for a shock. It should be shorter with less glide unless you have an absolute cannon.

I'm basing my assumption on the Firebird being a little more over stable than the Shock, but Star plastic is generally known for being the least stable out of all the plastics. I was thinking it'd straighten out a little and be similar to a shock with a tad more distance. Regardless of what it ends up throwing like, I'm excited to see what it's all about.

Really loving the new run of Star Firebirds that have been popping up recently. FAF, stiff, and every bit at as beefy as the champs. I have 3 around the 166-168 range. They are so $$$.

...but Star plastic is generally known for being the least stable out of all the plastics...

Generally it's less stable/os than Champ but it's certainly not the least stable of Innova plastics.
FAF Star Firebirds are really beefy so I'm pretty sure it won't be longer than the Shock for you but it's a great utility disc nonetheless.

Really loving the new run of Star Firebirds that have been popping up recently. FAF, stiff, and every bit at as beefy as the champs. I have 3 around the 166-168 range. They are so $$$.

I've been picking up these stiff, FAF star Firebirds and JL X-outs for $9 :thmbup:

I'm basing my assumption on the Firebird being a little more over stable than the Shock, but Star plastic is generally known for being the least stable out of all the plastics. I was thinking it'd straighten out a little and be similar to a shock with a tad more distance. Regardless of what it ends up throwing like, I'm excited to see what it's all about.

Firebirds are way more overstable than Shocks.