• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Mahmoud said he found nothing on internal espn servers. Guessing they're greatly exaggerating espn's involvement. Curious what terry found out.

Mahmoud said he found nothing on internal espn servers. Guessing they're greatly exaggerating espn's involvement. Curious what terry found out.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I mean ... I guess there's a, quite likely, possibility that this isn't "that big of a deal" to ESPN so it wouldn't even be put on their servers?

... is that how servers even work? ;) lol

Last edited:
Servers would include email correspondence.

If someone at ESPN actually greenlighted this there would be an email trail.

Especially if they're a sponsor as it states on the ADGT site.

Especially especially if there is a live broadcast deal.

So things dont add up here.

well ADGT's twitter posted a mailed letter from ESPN, so maybe they didn't even use email :|

The plot thickens!

From their about me:
"What has disc golf lacked for the past decade?," this is the question the American Disc Golf Tour founders asked themselves in early 2014. The answer to that question was quite simple……a group of like minded individuals with progressive thoughts, corporate sponsors, and the DRIVE to bring professional disc golf events to millions of live viewers.

The part of that quote in bold falls under my list of phrases that are instant red flags. Right along with someone accusing someone else of being a "schill."

Obstacles to a stance: An obstacle that is behind the player's mini-marker or extends behind the mini-marker may be moved as long as the object is not attached to a tree.
Violation of this rule results in an automatic one-stroke penalty.
Players who intentionally damage any part of a course shall be disqualified and may face additional Tour sanctions.

So you can move a bush out of your way so long as you don't "damage" it. Coming to mind would be having another player hold a bush out of your way or weigh it down sufficiently with your bag or other heavy object so it's out of the way. Good to know.

oh man!! when ESPN finds out about this, they're gonna be SO HAPPY this is all set and ready to go for them!

I doubt a regular employee is able to search the emails of everyone in the company. More likely he was looking at the future programming schedules that are readily available to their employees.

See below...

The Salient Tour.

Feels like the XFL, and likely destined for the same fate.

SLANDEROUS! LIBELOUS! INCESTUOUS! I WILL SEE YOU IN COURT, I SAY GOOD DAY SIR!

Hahahaha. Am I not the only one that Hillary Kilgus threatened with a lawsuit? I posted about their fake threats to sue me on facebook in a few DG groups, but I'm seeing that everywhere. Either that's a common thing, or people spread it around. Really hilarious.

On another note, I messaged a worldwide top 10 player today (not putting his name out there, as I don't want Salient to threaten him with lawsuit as well... haha...) and he told me that he had never heard of this event prior to today and he was 99% sure it was a scam.

I doubt a regular employee is able to search the emails of everyone in the company. More likely he was looking at the future programming schedules that are readily available to their employees.

You're probably correct.

I wrongly assumed he worked in IT.

There is a well known pro that frequents here also questioning this on a fb thread I came across. Within the same thread there were some others that were very excited.

On another note, I messaged a worldwide top 10 player today (not putting his name out there, as I don't want Salient to threaten him with lawsuit as well... haha...) and he told me that he had never heard of this event prior to today and he was 99% sure it was a scam.

I don't think anybody, other than the principals, knew anything about it before today. I take the list of names to be perhaps speculative, more likely an invite list.

The "list of pros" is more like "a list we are wishing really, really hard show up"

I like how if you got "invited" you only have 45 days to sign up or you loose your spot. So you can't wait and see if this is real or not, gotta get that money in now while you can!