• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Well like I said on Facebook, my assumption here is that they realized if they are actually going to attempt to market their product, they can't be doing the social media shenanigans that they have been doing. If they remove all their official social media, and a sponsor stumbles upon the Salient Discs Complaint Center page, it looks more like a bunch of internet weirdos than a legitimate complaint area.

Just a thought.

As for the actual websites, if they wanted to take them down all they have to do is make a call to whomever is hosting them. So I suspect something else is in the works.

It takes longer to take down a website.
Nah. Just call a tourney a "World Championship", invite a few thousand people for 500 spots, and tell them they all have to register at the same time. That seems to take down a website pretty well. ;-)

Well, their facebook pages have re-appeared. That should knock off about 30 of those 237, speculating on what's going on over there.

It takes approximately 30 seconds to take a website offline if you are the domain/hosting owner. Mostly consisting of checking boxes and pressing the 'save' button to update the server config.

Not sure what kind of 'effort' is really involved in that.

For $200 shipped you can get a Recruit basket shipped directly from DD to your door. Why would anyone want to buy this ugly ass basket at $255? No thank you, especially from a company with quite possibly the worst feedback I have ever stumbled upon in my entire life. This includes all types of business - I'm not referring to "worst in disc golf," I mean worst service in any type of business.

I wouldn't put it under them to have a name change. Failent has become so recognizable for a new name that I would bet it becomes that.

FAILENT
~We strive to steal peoples money~

Well, their facebook pages have re-appeared. That should knock off about 30 of those 237, speculating on what's going on over there.

hjCOjvt.gif

Price drop - $165 for those ESPN gold-level baskets.

20% price drop in 3 days. Presumably, like American Tour registrations, there wasn't a rush to buy.

Which I mention only for the sake of the Salient haters, who might perceive in it the death of Salient, or at least financial struggles. It could be nothing of the sort, of course; they might just want the storage space to ramp up bag production. But in the meantime, I pass the news along for any pleasure it might bring.

And for the Salient lovers, you can now own your piece of history for much less money.

Price drop - $165 for those ESPN gold-level baskets.

20% price drop in 3 days. Presumably, like American Tour registrations, there wasn't a rush to buy.

Which I mention only for the sake of the Salient haters, who might perceive in it the death of Salient, or at least financial struggles. It could be nothing of the sort, of course; they might just want the storage space to ramp up bag production. But in the meantime, I pass the news along for any pleasure it might bring.

And for the Salient lovers, you can now own your piece of history for much less money.

How much could that history be worth? With the apparent lack of success of the groundbreaking, revolutionary ESPN3 broadcast, the sport of disc golf is clearly dying. Buying baskets from anyone at this point is an instant waste of money. It's like buying a top of the line Betamax player...in 1998.

165 bucks is over half what a Salient Liberty costs brand new.
I'm not saying it's the death throes of Salient Discs, but it certainly doesn't look good for their future, either.

How much could that history be worth? With the apparent lack of success of the groundbreaking, revolutionary ESPN3 broadcast, the sport of disc golf is clearly dying. Buying baskets from anyone at this point is an instant waste of money. It's like buying a top of the line Betamax player...in 1998.

I don't think you're looking at it from the perspective of a Salient fan.

Stumbled across this: the 11-4-15 article and interview on All Things Disc Golf:

https://allthingsdiscgolf.com/american-disc-golf-tour-sets-espn-broadcast-for-may-2016/

Which is just mildly interesting, read and seen in hindsight. But with one nugget that, as the months passed, a few people alluded to but no one could find:

"...the payout will be set closer to the event but we expect first place to be the largest ever in history."

Along with the first version they gave of why they weren't working with the PDGA.

Stumbled across this: the 11-4-15 article and interview on All Things Disc Golf:

https://allthingsdiscgolf.com/american-disc-golf-tour-sets-espn-broadcast-for-may-2016/

Which is just mildly interesting, read and seen in hindsight. But with one nugget that, as the months passed, a few people alluded to but no one could find:

"...the payout will be set closer to the event but we expect first place to be the largest ever in history."

Along with the first version they gave of why they weren't working with the PDGA.

I think it's obvious that a lot of the things they were expecting never came to pass.

Well, yeah, largest ever in the history of the ADGT...

Latest posts