• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Anode or Ion

Anode or Ion?

• Anode

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Ion

Votes: 49 32.2%
  • Both

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 17 11.2%

• Total voters

remember2morrow

Eagle Member
OK fellow MVP throwers, which one do you prefer and why? I started with the Ion, gave the Anode a try when they came out and haven't looked back. Both are awesome driving putters, but I consistently miss to the right (LHBH) with the Ion. Anode is straight and stable.

My Anode while I like it. I've found I'm not putting it in my bag. I always grab 2-3 ions. The Anode is just sitting there collecting dust. So my vote is for the Ion.

I have an ion and I LOVE it. Great for short drives as well. I want to also try out an Anode.

I drive, approach, jump putt with the Anode, and use the Ion in the circle.

When I first got an Anode, I went out to a field and threw my Wizard, then my Ion, then the Anode. I was amazed at the glide on the Anode. Right when I thought it would fade out, it just kept gliding. Picked up the Wizard, then 10-15' later the Ion, then another 10-15' the Anode, all in a straight line one after the other. I've never looked back.

I spin putt, so the Ion works like a charm (replaced my Wizards).

Nailed a 90' uphill forehand putt with my anode yesterday, never had a forehand putt before I got this disc but it has that curved inner rim which is $$$$ for forehand putting.

I voted "both" because I use soft Anodes for putting and medium Ions for upshots and putts into the wind. Both are good driving putters, but I prefer the Ion.

Last edited:
I voted "both", however I don't currently have an Ion in the bag.
I switched putting from the Ion w/ a Lat64 Spike.

The Ion is one of the straightest driving putters I've used, and the Anode is still being tested by me.

Either way, I love all of MVP products and can't wait to try the Volt.

Well I have six Ions and just one Anode... I prefer the Ions for putting because the lack of a bead on the Anode feels weird to me. For driving I'm split down the middle. I tend to use Pures for driving, but can get a good flight from the MVP discs too. I'm just too inconsistent at putter driving at this point to make a choice and trust that it's the right one.

Both. They compliment each other very well.

I use neither for putting or upshots; just for driving.

If I chose one to putt with, I'd probably choose the Anode but I think I prefer the Ion for driving but it's pretty marginal. So I voted for both.

Ion, keepin it old school!! The extra fade on The ion keeps it in the bag. My favorite approach disc ever is be lost without he ion. The anode is great in its own right, it on the bench for now.

Both they each have their own special roles. I use both for drives and approaches but the Ion in the circle is money and the Anode outside is killer. Great combo!

Will someone explain what the bead on the putter is? Where is it

The bead on a putter is located at the bottom. If you were to set your Ion down on a flat surface, it would be resting on the bead. If you want to get a better idea of what a bead looks like, go to Innova's website and look at the pictures of all the discs. The Roc and Aviar Driver have beads, while the regular Aviar doesn't.

The ion is an all purpose disc in my eyes. You can drive u can putt great for upshots. First time i tried 1 i fell in loce. I will never change my putter. Even sounds cooler then anode.