• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else get White Coat Syndrome when putting?

Slow down, focus. In a tourney I seem to rush my shots too much. For what ever reason I feel like everybody is waiting on me to putt. But we have 30 seconds. When you step up to putt, 30 sec is actually a lot of time. I started counting "one-one thousand, two- one thousand etc. and I found I was putting before 10 sec had even gone by. After I slowed down putts seemed to drop in a little more frequently.
Relax. As 'lewis526' says above. If I am tight or tense I seem to yank putts off to the side more often. Relax & let it flow to the chains.

Putting is exactly like getting a physical. If you feel like you're going to miss, your scrotum sack will shrivel up ever so slightly and your bung hole will pucker up. So when the handsome male doctor gently slides down your underwear you have to stay calm, relax and try not to get an erection, exactly like putting.

Putting is exactly like getting a physical. If you feel like you're going to miss, your scrotum sack will shrivel up ever so slightly and your bung hole will pucker up. So when the handsome male doctor gently slides down your underwear you have to stay calm, relax and try not to get an erection, exactly like putting.

I so wanted to say something witty, but I just can't stop laughing long enough to type it out! Brother you are my hero! :D

awesome, just, awesome.

:eek:
Never considered the shrinkage factor. Is that why the basket looks so much smaller up close?

Zen. For me everything has to be in perfect balance,and the only way to achieve perfect balance is to have a ROUTINE. Practice a putting/driving routine over and over again. When I putt,I square the bucket up so that my swing is perpendicular to the center of the basket. Try focusing on ONE chain,instead of just aiming at the whole basket. Really it just comes down to repetition. I never let nerves get to me. Because in my mind,when I'm ready and focused to play,THERE ARE NO NERVES TO GET ME/YOU INTO TROUBLE. I know all that sounds weird,I hope it helps!

For me everything has to be in perfect balance,and the only way to achieve perfect balance is to have a ROUTINE.

Perfect balance for me is feet shoulder width apart laterally and medially. :D

also, i see people who are about to putt then they stretch out their arm flatten the disc and stare across the surface like aiming, that is just plain silly. it will work if its part of your routine but if you are attempting to sing the putt dont line it up like you have a scope on your putter.

also i found out that keeping my eyes on the target and FEELING my position helps a lot.

Because I drive for a living, I have to take physicals quite often. Last doctor was a female,and I did my best to think of something else why she was leaning down and my underwear was around my ankles.;)

Because I drive for a living, I have to take physicals quite often. Last doctor was a female,and I did my best to think of something else why she was leaning down and my underwear was around my ankles.;)

If all else fails just think about OAT. :cool:

I'm going to add turning my head to the side and coughing to my pre-putt routine. :eek:

Did you participate in the clinic with Mark Ellis????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq_bh_GtjtQ

I could never make it through 5 minutes of his clinic, his voice drives me nuts. With that said...I make putts I know I can make, I make very few I don't think I can make, and I make about half I think I might be able to make. I do use 2 JK Pros to practice...then for fun I use the JKs and a Pig and a Star Skeeter.

Last edited:

Latest posts