• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else sick of noob bashing!

By most people's definition many people on this forum are noobs. .9 years playing, 2300 posts and threads upon threads of them telling people what to throw and how they suck. :wall: This forum is newb heaven.

it is but it's also a great place for comic relief. Every day there are 3 or 4 new bag threads, a few "what's the best putter/driver?" threads, a couple "what works in the wind" threads, and always at least one "this disc sucks because I don't have the skills needed to throw it" thread.

It's funny ...maybe I was brought into the game by a bunch of smelly hippies but I never got ridiculed when I was learning the sport....thats what got me hooked...the good people and the positive experience....Maybe I am the only one who believes in paying the good forward. Glad I'm not from wherever you people are from.

I was fortunate to get involved through a buddy of mine. The guy is insanely patient and almost annoyingly positive. I try and keep that attitude with people I bring out. I'm not perfect but I do try.

it is but it's also a great place for comic relief. Every day there are 3 or 4 new bag threads, a few "what's the best putter/driver?" threads, a couple "what works in the wind" threads, and always at least one "this disc sucks because I don't have the skills needed to throw it" thread.

There should be a rating thing in everyone's info section. That way everyone can see that a 893 rated player is telling you you suck for throwing a Boss.

So just because someone is rated 893 they can't pass on good advice?

Apparently, you counteract any positive impact your advice would have on people if you lack the mechanics to implement said advice yourself.

Sometimes I get frustrated and look up peoples ratings but i never bash them for their advice or rating. I accept that everyone has certain knowledge, abilities and opinions. I'm just trying to help in my own arrogant way.

Apparently, you counteract any positive impact your advice would have on people if you lack the mechanics to implement said advice yourself.

yeah, kinda like Blake T on DGR.

he can't fully hit it (due to injury), so he isn't qualified to give advice.

:rolleyes:;):cool:

The sarcastic remarks are lame, i agree. this place would benefit from less.

But almost always when people post search result links it is because there are numerous threads that contain information discussed at nausea. Go ask a history teacher to tell the events of the civil war leading up to Lincoln's emancipation proclamation. Then ask him to do it again next week. Then a few days after that. And then a month from now. At what iteration will he wink and say "read the book"?

This may become my sig :)

haterade.gif

I don't think "n00b bashing" is right. Some people just can't get right. If they are serious about playing, then who cares if they suck. At least they try. Its the ones that suck and could care less about being there that I don't wanna play with.

I don't recall receiving any bashing in my younger DG days, but I did get a bit of the silent treatment when I started beating my friends. :D

Edit: E-man=n00b :\:|

I don't have any problem with people who are new to the sport with a desire to improve their game, and are considerate to the course and others. Its the DBs.

I don't have any problem with people who are new to the sport with a desire to improve their game, and are considerate to the course and others. Its the DBs.

:thmbup:

And there are plenty of veterans that are bad if not worse...local disc rats. :thmbdown:

I certainly would rather take advice from someone who can make it happen than someone who obviously can't. I'm sure the people that talk the most **** on here also have the lowest ratings as well.

:thmbup:

And there are plenty of veterans that are bad if not worse...local disc rats. :thmbdown:

Yep. I saw an example of this the other day. Two older guys that were obviously experienced seemed to be purposely holding up my group of three. And one of them threw a beer can in the middle of a fairway! Then he kicked it!!! :thmbdown: :mad: