• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else sick of noob bashing!

Now, now. No God talk!

I am just about to hit the 1 year mark. I have been pretty lucky in real life. My home course at Page Park is pretty new and has attracted a ton of new players to the game, myself included. So really, many of us are new. When I have played other courses, most folks have been really cool, courteous and helpful. The only problems I've had in the real world is not being allowed to play through. I try to play as much as possible, often traveling between 2 or 3 courses on a weekend day. Slow play on one course, could cost me the chance to play the next one.

Online, it is what it is. I might even be a little too shy to post some questions or remarks because I just don't feel like getting bashed or being angry. That's my own issue though. What bugs me is when a new player asks a question and gets the sarcastic responses. I read through this forum every day and at least once a day someone will ask a question that I might be interesting. Then I have to read through the and discern the real answers from the garbage because someone think it's a dumb question or "if you use the search function you will see when this was answered 2 years ago". What's wrong with bringing back these older questions? Might our answers be different today? Sure, it's recycling old news, but not all of us are one here 24/7 and have time to look back and personally, I find the search function annoying because you may have to weed out 100 posts that have nothing to do with what you are looking for. Also, I write too much!!!

lol, dood. Yoo got to know that noob is the noo spelling that got pewped out throo the nootard leet speek filter. To oldtards whoo were trolling usenet back when the internet was but a gleem in al gore's eye, "noob" sticks out like a sore thumb. Stoopid newbs. Larn 2 spel!

Sorry, didn't know I was talking to one of the 3 women on this site. my bad!

I am just about to hit the 1 year mark. I have been pretty lucky in real life. My home course at Page Park is pretty new and has attracted a ton of new players to the game, myself included. So really, many of us are new. When I have played other courses, most folks have been really cool, courteous and helpful. The only problems I've had in the real world is not being allowed to play through. I try to play as much as possible, often traveling between 2 or 3 courses on a weekend day. Slow play on one course, could cost me the chance to play the next one.

Online, it is what it is. I might even be a little too shy to post some questions or remarks because I just don't feel like getting bashed or being angry. That's my own issue though. What bugs me is when a new player asks a question and gets the sarcastic responses. I read through this forum every day and at least once a day someone will ask a question that I might be interesting. Then I have to read through the and discern the real answers from the garbage because someone think it's a dumb question or "if you use the search function you will see when this was answered 2 years ago". What's wrong with bringing back these older questions? Might our answers be different today? Sure, it's recycling old news, but not all of us are one here 24/7 and have time to look back and personally, I find the search function annoying because you may have to weed out 100 posts that have nothing to do with what you are looking for. Also, I write too much!!!

noob

EDIT: P.S. newb

Last edited:

All valid points, that have been discussed recently! Now lets talk about those discs your throwing lol!

15 yr old with emo angst

I prefer to call it satire

emo angst works though, as long as the point is across (I have been playing for 9 months what constitutes a noob? skill? disc selection? years playing? technique knowledge? NOOBSSSS)

i guess since i got in "on the ground floor", so to speak, there was no one to bash me then. it wasn't til recently that i was mocked for using a Frisbee to drive with on a course designed in '81 whose longest hole is 280' and probably averages less than 200'.
and yes, i outdrove him and his wide-rim driver with a whamo-165g.

A friend and I hook up at Winton Woods once or twice a month. He tosses a 175 gram Ultimate disc against my Summit/Whippet combo and is competitive. I win most of the time but not by much. Coupe weeks ago he hit the chains on # 3 and deuced #4 from 100 ft. Watching him throw brings back memories of simpler times.

All valid points, that have been discussed recently! Now lets talk about those discs your throwing lol!

LOL! I should change that signature. The Surge and the Beast are out. I have no business throwing them as I learned reading bag suggestions and feedback. I'm no longer throwing anything over an 8 on the Marshall Street Flight Guide. In fact, most of my tee shots are with the Buzzz or a Leopard these days.

I've never bashed new players! Even when they take 7-8 shots on every hole, and they're playing in front of me! I never experienced people bashing me when I was new to the sport, but I guess that's because after a couple of weeks, I was as good or better than people that were playing for years…

LOL! I should change that signature. The Surge and the Beast are out. I have no business throwing them as I learned reading bag suggestions and feedback. I'm no longer throwing anything over an 8 on the Marshall Street Flight Guide. In fact, most of my tee shots are with the Buzzz or a Leopard these days.

Excellent. I throw mostly Buzzz's too. I really like my Buzzz SS. It's taking strokes off my game!

noob bashing is a right of passage, a crucible in which you are hardened and forged, if you will

I got ribbed a bunch when I first started. its all in how you handle it. If your out there trying your best and not getting in the way, More power to ya.

The sarcastic remarks are lame, i agree. this place would benefit from less.

But almost always when people post search result links it is because there are numerous threads that contain information discussed at nausea. Go ask a history teacher to tell the events of the civil war leading up to Lincoln's emancipation proclamation. Then ask him to do it again next week. Then a few days after that. And then a month from now. At what iteration will he wink and say "read the book"?

No one can't be great at everything. If you act like a jerk to new people, you should be ashamed of yourself. Bashing new people is for people with no self-esteem. I think that behavior is crap. Bad attitudes propagate bad attitudes. This kind of thing will always come back to bite you.

I believe in introducing the sport to as many new people as I can and encouraging everyone to have a great time. I was lucky enough to have good players help me out and teach me the way to play and learn. I've paid it forward many times over and will continue to do so.

It seems to be about as popular as the buzzz and discing down threads....I don't really get it. I'm pretty sure we were all noobs. I think what used to be the draw of the sport...fun and good people...is people jeopardized. I see it on the courses and online. Anyone else sick of noob bashing?

i hear ya, it seems easy to bash cuz people are takin to this sport like sh*t thru a goose. i played forever with the mindset that this is strictly a stoner sport cuz i was playing competitive hockey and trying to get sponsored skateboarding, until injuries consumed me. this was an excuse to go out and get funky for the longest time. took until i had moved to Oklahoma (absolutely nothing to do) until i took it seriously, a great compliment to playing D1 hockey...

easy to bash noobs when theyre takin to it like wildfire, imo

Latest posts