• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Anyone have any stories on Putters they always go back to?

Off and on again with Anodes. Tried Pures, looked into Wizards until I realized there were 400 different varieties and you actually need to FEEL them to know, etc. I will say I switched my putting duties from regular anodes to soft anodes and I don't think I'll be leaving them any time soon. Love me some soft anodes!

Anode just isn't working for me right now but it was golden for well over a year.. I had the same problem with the Wizard.. Hard to putt with that disc because of all the factors you have to consider.

Wizards for me.....I tried them and loved them...but I wanted something more durable so I tried an Ion and an Anode, love them but I got too many chain outs...so back to the Wizards. Still the MVPs are great for approach shots and drives. Right now a PA1 in 300 is auditioning for the wizard slot, so far its nice but the jury is still out.

My putter adventures have gone Magnet to Rhyno to Dart to Yeti to Ion to Pure to Magic to Wizard. I've gotten better with each change because I rethink my putting completely every time. I've never gone back. I had some huge strides with the Pure, but I haven't ever been as consistent as I am w/the Wizards, whether it's putting, upshots or drives.

uncle-rico-picture1.jpeg

Look forward, not back...
Even if you go back, your ex-putter will never let you forget that you left her.

175 White Anode. Nothing has come close since I found this beauty.

I have often thought about trying a lower weight or a soft proton anode to see what happens?