• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Anyone throw an overstable 7 speed?

I used to throw a Banshee. Was my most used disc at that point in time. Did everything I wanted it to, high speed stable, reliable fade. Lost it, got a replacement, it was a dud. Moved on to Vipers.

I guess overstable fairway is the slot in my bag that has changed the least with the record of one change in ten years.

I bag a Z Raptor and often find myself thinking I'd like it to be a touch slower so I could a) have it hold a little straighter for longer before finishing strong, and b) use it for shorter throws without powering down on it so much that it becomes more overstable than I want.

That said the next speed down in my overstable lineup is a Zone so a faster midrange would probably cover that too.

I throw a Raptor and Zone too! I've found an INNfuse Star Eagle fills that gap between the two you mentioned perfectly. I've tried a few OS mids (Verdict and Runway) and while they're great discs they don't fly much differently from a Zone for me.

Since my Zone is speed 4, it makes sense to have something speed 6 or 7 OS above it. I use an MVP Resistor. Like a mini Firebird. It covers a wide range of overstable mid and fairway uses. Then above that, a semi OS speed 10 or 11 covers the rest for me.

I grabbed up two 2021 Ledgestone Z Swirl Xtremes that came out in the wave 1 release. Speed 6 Glide 3 Turn 0 Fade 3.5.

This disc is now bagged for a control/utility role, where my Climo Champ Firebird is too long for the required shot, but it is a longer shot than I can accurately push one of my 5X Mcbeth Z Zones out to.

The Xtreme is very controllable and not a meat hook by any means. I have a hard time trying to down power overstable discs.

So this xXx I picked up a couple of months ago is really nice. It's plenty overstable, but thrown hard it has very usable lines. The rim feels wider than 7 speed.

Do you think a Banshee3 would sell well?

The answer is yes.

Been wishing for them since the Roc3 came out (that was the first 3 disc right?)

Firebirds throw fine I have nothing against them, but I'd kick a puppy for a flat Jollylauncher Banshee

:homerdrool:

Do you think a Banshee3 would sell well?

The answer is yes.

Been wishing for them since the Roc3 came out (that was the first 3 disc right?)

Firebirds throw fine I have nothing against them, but I'd kick a puppy for a flat Jollylauncher Banshee

:homerdrool:

Always been curious what the 3 moniker means. The 'L' is long, but what's the 3?

3 means flat top. I think L means the L wing as opposed to the X wing. The L wings are less overstable and probably longer in general.

If they still made flat Champ Banshees I would. Now I bag a Runway and a Draco to fill that void.

I've had a Champ Banshee in my bag for 20 years, all flatop, all 150g. Nothing else like them for forehand longish touch approaches. However, when white star x-out 150 Firechickens first started to show up they were awfully close.... if you can still find them. YMMV in heavier weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added a frost line XXX for this season to my bag. It is plenty overstable, but I can actually get it to go far for such an OS disc. Didn't think that I would need a disc like it but my experience with it has made me think otherwise. It has a solid spot in my utility compartment now.