• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone up for a "Throw Every Day of December" challenge?

CabMakio

Bogey Member
Starting to feel really burnt out at work and trying to improve my work/fun balance. Monday-Friday I basically wake up, go to work, come home, watch some TV, go to bed, and it's driving me nuts. One of the few things I look forward to during the week is playing disc golf all weekend long, so I asked myself, why can't I throw a disc for at least a few minutes every day?

Decided this December I'm going to set a goal to throw at least one disc every single day. On some days this might only mean 10 minutes of field work but at least I have something to look forward to. Yes this will mean me going to bed a little earlier and waking up a little earlier which won't be easy, but it will make sure every day has a little bit of joy mixed in

So what I'm wondering is, who is going to join me in the challenge? If anyone else is interested maybe we could start an official thread to motivate each other to not skip a day

Yoyo im doing it i set up a bucket in my shop and then found a 30x30 net that i hung for inside drives and technic and releases good luck bro im down

OK, I'm in. I have a practice basket in my backyard, so regardless of the time/weather I can throw a couple. not like putting practice will hurt my game.:\

I know the feeling of being stuck in the daily mundane grind...

With it getting dark so early, I've been enjoying some putting practice in my backyard after work during the last 30mins of daylight

I throw a few putts every day after I get home from work. Before I go inside, I grab a couple putters I keep in my basket and throw ten or 12. Got home a little late last night, so I went inside and got my headlamp. Worked great!

Nope. I have many fall household duties that get in the way. Cutting back perennials, raking leaves, moving bushes, cleaning gutters, hanging Christmas lights, getting the snow shovel and roof rake down from the rafters, putting patio chairs and tables into the rafters, putting away the garden hoses, getting the fire pit wood pile set for winter and stocking up on malty beer. All work to prepare the yard for spring weed prevention and mulching. Setting aside the time to tidy up these tasks allows for a LOT more free time throughout the spring and summer, when the weather and daylight are far more conducive to daily play. So there.

It'd be more fun if the challenge was to play a round every day.

I agree but this time of year that's not realistic for me and I'm sure others. On work days, when I wake up it's dark out and when I get out of work it's dark. There is about 30 minutes of sunlight in the morning before I need to leave for work and a field right across the street from me so I'll spend my time there. On the weekends I'll play 3-4 rounds per day.

Everyone is free to set their own personal challenge as they see fit. I just want to work towards making sure I have at least some enjoyment every day and was hoping some others might want to join

I'll give it a shot! Don't know how many of those will be just garage putting practice or field work, but I'll give it a go.

Yup: pretty much my routine since I started playing six years ago, anyway. Basket in the garage for the one or two times a week I might not be able to get a round in, and it just doesn't feel right not to fondle & fling a disc every day!

I'm going to do this. Time isn't a concern as the field I use for practice is fairly well light all night long. The one thing that might prevent me from throwing is a cold/cold wind of greater than 25MPH. I'm at college for about half of the month so it will be easy till I have to get out the practice basket and putt on the days I can't play a round, even though I will be trying for a round every day that I'm home, I can't guarantee Christmas.