• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Anyone use a DGA Aftershock?

From what I heard it's supposed to be treated more like a driver, at least that's what I got out of the DGA video talking about it. Also the title of the youtube video does say "Midrange disc golf Driver"

I purchased the special edition from the KC worlds.. thought about walling it but just threw it in my bag to test out - hasn't left since.. I recently migrated from having multiple/redundant drivers in my bag to having more mids than longer range discs. I like the Aftershock for a few reasons. 1) The sparkle plastic is interesting: stable but a little flippy if you try real hard, it also plays real nice with the wind. 2) Great disc for a RHBH dogleg left, I have been using it as a short-mid range driver - the blunt rim is good for those straight throws with a little bend or the hard left turn as well. 3) I would agree with other folks that it is similar to a Buzzz (but I have a FLX Buzzz so not that straight/manipulative) but also offer that the disc itself somewhat feels like a smaller diameter and more overstable Challenger. And the last reason it has not left my bag, yet, 4) I slammed some chains yesterday - a little too hot and left so it popped out but it felt like a winner the second it left my grip.

been throwing the aftershock a bit over the past week or so, and I'd definitely put it between the buzzz and wasp in terms of stability. I'd say it's a little closer to the buzzz than the wasp, but just a touch more overstable. Good disc, but not sure it will end up finding a home in my bag because of the overlap. I just got it to see how I like the disc because I might sign up for an upcoming 1 disc challenge where we have to use the aftershock. So if anyone is interested, it is up for trade.

Yellow, 177, 9.5/10, 2009 world's stamp: Thrown a few times, no dings or scratches, basically in perfect condition:
DSC_0193.jpg

Do I take the Sparkle Aftershock or do I not take the Sparkle Aftershock?

I have a tourney Saturday....Here are my mids going into the round. You tell me what I need to add or remove in your opion.

176 FlX Drone (overstable reliable hooker)
172 First Run Star Cro (good in the wind, I don't throw it as much as I used to)
180 DX Flat Top Roc (Dead straight, if I let go early or late forget about it)
177 Star San Marino Roc (Glides much more than Flat Top, domey, can throw floater turnovers with it)
164 RW-Pro Roc (Hyzer flip this SOB, it goes the distance)
180 Star Stingray (hooks right and stays that way, not leaving my bag)
-Those are in my bag now.
On deck may I introduce:
170 Sparkle Aftershock (never thrown, I think the weight may be good for shorter straight hucks?)
172 R-Pro Ontario Roc (thrown once or twice seems a bit flippy depending on how thrown)
176 ESP Buzzz (I threw it for a bit, its out now, seemed like an alternative to my Flatty Roc)
172 R-Pro Cro (it's either this or the first run Star Cro)

What would you take into battle and why?

Last edited:
Do I take the Sparkle Aftershock or do I not take the Sparkle Aftershock?

I have a tourney Saturday....Here are my mids going into the round. You tell me what I need to add or remove in your opion.

176 FlX Drone (overstable reliable hooker)
172 First Run Star Cro (good in the wind, I don't throw it as much as I used to)
180 DX Flat Top Roc (Dead straight, if I let go early or late forget about it)
177 Star San Marino Roc (Glides much more than Flat Top, domey, can throw floater turnovers with it)
164 RW-Pro Roc (Hyzer flip this SOB, it goes the distance)
180 Star Stingray (hooks right and stays that way, not leaving my bag)
-Those are in my bag now.
On deck may I introduce:
170 Sparkle Aftershock (never thrown, I think the weight may be good for shorter straight hucks?)
172 R-Pro Ontario Roc (thrown once or twice seems a bit flippy depending on how thrown)
176 ESP Buzzz (I threw it for a bit, its out now, seemed like an alternative to my Flatty Roc)
172 R-Pro Cro (it's either this or the first run Star Cro)

What would you take into battle and why?

Stick with what your comfortable with.

Is this a new record? An 11+ year necrobump?

We need to keep a running tally of these things.

To get back on topic, I started throwing a max-weight SP Aftershock yesterday. I like it! The last Aftershock I had was Proline and it was stiff, slick and kind of gross feeling. This SP isn't quite as stiff and has a nice grip to it. The flight is maybe a touch slower and less over stable than my flat, max-weight Z Wasp. I'm pleasantly surprised, and I may even pull the Wasp out of my bag.

After shock is my favorite mid. First mid I feel as comfortable fh as bh. Think this is a hidden gem of a mid.

Found a Proline Aftershock with no ink on the course today. First chance I've had to throw a DGA disc. Flew just a hair more stable than my seasoned Z Glo Buzzz.

Can anyone fans compare the Proline & SP in this mold?

Really good disc. I threw them for years. The reason I quit throwing them is that I moved to lighter discs and dga is hard to find below 170. Like VictorB said there isn't much difference.