• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

What did you buy PMantle, Q Quasar or Q Scorpius? I like the Q/S Scorpius for sidearms. I sidearm the ZG Scorpius for more D but it's a bit more touchy being so light. Power down and throw with good form and the ZG Scorpius goes long, but I don't have good form so results vary... :lol:

Steady 26542 said:
What did you buy PMantle, Q Quasar or Q Scorpius? I like the Q/S Scorpius for sidearms. I sidearm the ZG Scorpius for more D but it's a bit more touchy being so light. Power down and throw with good form and the ZG Scorpius goes long, but I don't have good form so results vary... :lol:
Ooops. Q Scorpius. I read up on it before throwing. Was afraid I'd have to flex it to get it anywhere. Nope. It's now my main driver on distance holes. It's not quite as flippy as my pro Destroyer. Into a slight wind, it's money. Had a new personal best on one hole with it.

zj1002 said:
I just got some 1.3 Stardust QOLFs

They are domey but it is an even dome. Plastic has a good grip , not slick like some of the other stardust.

These are really fast, probably the fastest OLF I have ever thrown. They are bit straighter than the last run, showing more high speed turn, but they still have plenty of low speed fade. They get out really fast, and glide, and then just fade forward. The 1.3s show pretty good low speed fade especially on hyzers. This is what makes the QOLF so great, it slows down perfectly, so I am glad this run still does that

The only bad thing about this run...the only colors are dark red, blue, purple and black...that was a bit disappointing to find out. I prefer my main driver(the QOLF) to be in orange or yellow.

Where are these for sale?

picked up a 2006 worlds biggest stamp disc marked sof on the bottom. is this a 1.1 solf?

money 21 said:
picked up a 2006 worlds biggest stamp disc marked sof on the bottom. is this a 1.1 solf?
Only the pen marking on the back will properly ID the run. A 1.1 is marked "QOF" and a 1.2 is marked "QOLF". Same 3-4 letter difference in SOLFs. I believe the 1.1 S's also have that "zipper" top. At least mine do... 8)

The latest addition to my bag.

I found the AMF to be more stable than the AMS (duh), slower than the CE QMS, and less stable than my gummy QMS. Kind of an in-between.

And the latest addition to my collection.

Was not expecting to find something like this. A fellow golfer who knows I throw Mill picked up for me out of the blue.

zj1002 said:
I just got some 1.3 Stardust QOLFs

They are domey but it is an even dome. Plastic has a good grip , not slick like some of the other stardust.

These are really fast, probably the fastest OLF I have ever thrown. They are bit straighter than the last run, showing more high speed turn, but they still have plenty of low speed fade. They get out really fast, and glide, and then just fade forward. The 1.3s show pretty good low speed fade especially on hyzers.
I just got some 1.3 Stardust QOLF's as well. Mine are 150's. Yes, they do have slightly more dome like you said. It's a softer blend of Q plastic which makes it grippier. Too bad we are getting a big snowstorm. It's going to be a while before I'll be able to throw them. :x

I also recieved some S-Scorpius tye-tyes. They are first runs but seem to have a slightly softer plastic. These are labeled SSRP while my older solid color ones are a bit harder and are labeled SSC. Interesting...

So what's a exp like after it's been beat up a little? Was thinking of picking one up, but the exp's I've felt have been made from some pretty malliable pro plastic, seems like they would just get beat up pretty quick and lose that stablility.

Unfortunately, they beat in real quick and go from overstable pig to dead straight after a few hard hits. The 1.6 & 1.7 CE ones will hold up but who wants to pay that kind of money for them. Plus they are too hard to find. I sold all of mine.

I have a few of the 1.7 CE type plastic. 2 in the blueberry color and 1 a bit brighter. What do you mean "that kind of money"??? I can find a replacement if they are going for big bucks.

I never much cared for the EXP1. (Blasphamy, I know... :lol: ) The CE's were the only ones worth having and they are so scarce. I can't justify anything over $20. I sold mine a while ago for $15-20 so I figured they are going for $25. I'm probably wrong. :oops:

Steady 26542 said:
I never much cared for the EXP1. (Blasphamy, I know... :lol: ) The CE's were the only ones worth having and they are so scarce. I can't justify anything over $20. I sold mine a while ago for $15-20 so I figured they are going for $25. I'm probably wrong. :oops:

25$ brand new to a internet educated buyer who really needs a backup. I still only see them going for 20 new and 12-15 used.

ADiscand3Plates said:
The latest addition to my bag.

I found the AMF to be more stable than the AMS (duh), slower than the CE QMS, and less stable than my gummy QMS. Kind of an in-between.
There was only one run of those; Ontario Roc top with a Stingray bevel. The next run of AMF was the 2.1 using the Rancho Roc top. The 2.1's were more stable. The 1.1's were really, really close to the AMS IMO.

Flipflat said:
So what's a exp like after it's been beat up a little? Was thinking of picking one up, but the exp's I've felt have been made from some pretty malliable pro plastic, seems like they would just get beat up pretty quick and lose that stablility.
The problem with the EXP1 from the get-go was that the Banshee and the Discraft Xtra were better discs in that slot, so at a time when there was really only four disc golf companies they had the third-best disc of it's type. The 1.7's got there in that they were flat and super beefy, but you can just get a Champ Banshee and save the money instead of rooting around for 1.7 EXP1's.

'cause I'm looking for the 1.7's and don't need the price going up...

zj1002 said:
The 2.1 is a lot of fun. Building up a nice stack. But I probably just need to throw my C-MD2s
I had a stack of 2.1's at one point. I couldn't sell one to save my life. Disc golfers are basically cheap and there were a couple of the Mill discs where the $10 vs $7 price difference really killed them. The Omega AP was one, the Aurora MF was another; why spend $10 for one when you can buy an Aviar or Roc for $7? Then the 8X KC Pro Roc came out and it was $10 PLUS the Sentinel came out...you just couldn't sell the damn Aurora MF's against that. I used to buy them to get them out of the inventory and throw them in the winter so I wouldn't shatter my Rocs. It was like the Moray; good discs that came out at the wrong time and just didn't sell.

Damn Factory Store needs to run some Star Morays.

Yeah it basically throws like a KC Roc but in a nice grippy pro plastic. Much better than a stock slick KC Roc for me. It was basically a Buzzz well before the Buzzz existed. And it moves better side to side than a Buzzz. Some of the anhyzers I can do with my straight one are better than what I ever got out of an AMS or trashed ROC.

I just need all the Millennium nuts here to bug Ned about getting some new Aurora MFs :D

Latest posts