• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

Your gonna spend some time breaking in that striker. Opto plastic is tough stuff. It will probably loose a little of it's fade at the end of the flight, and turn a little more out of the hand. It will become less and less stable with time (lots of time)

Into a headwind.... Meh, It's alright. Guess that depends on your form. You could choose worse discs for that slot. But the striker's a good all around driver and it should serve you well.

Halo in opto line is pretty sweet. Sidearm/flex/overhand shots...dominates

Another thing I have found unique about this disc is that this disc even in the 160's (I have a 167g) still flies great in a head wind.

just bought my first today...got the striker 173g in the opto line...
questions:
1)how does it fly after beat in?
2)it held up pretty well for me in a head wind...how reliable is it in a medium strength headwind?

Like the post by Handsome Rob, Opto is tough to break-in. I personally feel Opto plastic holds its flight path real well even over time. They do break-in a little bit and then they hold their stability for a long time from that point on. My Opto Striker is dead straight at High speeds and a +2 at low speeds at the tail end.

If you would have gotten one in Gold plastic and beat it in fairly well, (hard carpeted floor works well) you will find it almost turns into a -1 at high speeds and at the very tail end, a +2 low speed.

I notice that the tail end is really at the falling down point; it is a fairly straight driver most of the way in either plastic.

Medium wind wise the Opto version is still not a bad option, but the beat in Gold is not recommended. However, Once you get to medium and stronger headwinds, I feel it is easier to move on to the Halo or Blitz, and of course the XXX for the hurricane winds.

Sorry can't get a better pic's it's a b*tch trying to get a decent picture of a white disc without my flash which is nowhere to be found lol. Maybe some1 with a colored one can get a better shot :D...

hav.jpg

Your gonna spend some time breaking in that striker. Opto plastic is tough stuff. It will probably loose a little of it's fade at the end of the flight, and turn a little more out of the hand. It will become less and less stable with time (lots of time)

Into a headwind.... Meh, It's alright. Guess that depends on your form. You could choose worse discs for that slot. But the striker's a good all around driver and it should serve you well.

thanks...i just wasn't sure what to expect but am looking forward to incorporating it into my game!

Sorry can't get a better pic's it's a b*tch trying to get a decent picture of a white disc without my flash which is nowhere to be found lol. Maybe some1 with a colored one can get a better shot :D...

hav.jpg

thank you, this works perfect. friday ill have me one in the mail

Definitely like the Havoc! Right off the bat it felt really good. got a 173g Dark Blue GL w/ no shoulder. it was just like a slightly flippier destroyer with a tad bit of steriods. was fantastic and consistent in the wind. havent had a chance to throw in no wind and didnt try it for a head. the smaller rim felt so much better!
also got a 166g Halo. was hoping that it wouldnt be as overstable as the 175. well it is. that thing is beastly. i can see it as a speciality disc for crazy windy days but thats it at the moment. ill stick with the TeeRexs, always consistent.
So far with Lat64:
Pure :thmbup: - money in all conditions
Havoc :thmbup: - still in test phase
Flow - meh not my style, although it may just be my domier turd i got
Halo - not enough arm
Fuse - not my style - turns too much with not enough fade
Core :thmbdown: that dumb bubble dome really slows the disc down and takes away from its usefulness. the flatter ones are somewhat better.

It's probably good if you have very good forehand form. If you are a forehand OAT master like me it's probably a no go. My buddy Radar could probably control it and use it as a long forehand turnover disc. I don't have enough control for that. Yet.

I wouldn't recommend using a Vision for FH shots unless they're under 200 feet. These things have a -4 HSS...

Is the Vision a decent forehand disc?
I haven't gotten to throw mine too much but I believe it is supposed to be a faster sidewinder. So it really just depends on what kind of forehand line you are trying to take. I imagine once it turns over forehand it would stay over. I'm just on my phone or I would look up the disc ratings and possibly find a better comparison disc.

Is the Vision a decent forehand disc?
I would say it depends on what you are already throwing. If you usually throw understable discs forehand then yes it is a great disc. If you like overstable discs then definitely DO NOT go with the Vision.

Love my Opto River and my Grip Pure. Thread the needle with my River. Was throwing the Gold line Vision but it started turning over to hard. Anyone try the new Diamond, Heard its a very unstable disc.

I can remember hating under-stable discs as forehand... and this is very under-stable i think?

It's rather understable, I've heard it compared to the roadrunner. Though as my local pro shop owner/club president said, learn forehand with the more understable plastic(maybe not super understable) because the overstable stuff just hides the flaws in your throw.

I throw my GL Vision for big RHBH annys (just ask Sloppy). I can't get a decent forehand drive out of it though. Though I have found that I can whip my 161 GL River out about 280 feet dead nuts straight...

I have an Opto Havoc, flat, that's got some (-) HSS, flies like a flat GL flow. Just got a colorshift, and it's way more stable than the opto...which is wierd.

That opto havoc has been my goto forehand disc lately though. Only FH the predator when I need to fade hard

It's rather understable, I've heard it compared to the roadrunner. Though as my local pro shop owner/club president said, learn forehand with the more understable plastic(maybe not super understable) because the overstable stuff just hides the flaws in your throw.

see i learned side arm with a Valkyrie and it wasnt easy to control because if you put too much power into it, the disc just turns. i have been re learning how to throw side arm again (proper form this time) and have found that the stable to slight overstable have been easier to learn and do show form flaws but not as pronounced as understable discs do.

Latest posts