• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Aviar dummy

ranger

* Ace Member *
Somehow I've never managed to try an aviar for putting. I'm currently going between soft ions and wizards but want something new. I feel like both the wiz and ion are sticking in my hand or just dying in the air.

I'm a spin putter and I usually prefer a softer disc with glide but I'm open to something else.

Any help narrowing down the aviar choices would be appreciated. Something with some glide and grip would probably work.

Putt & approach DX -

Yeti -

Classic -

JK -

KC pro -

I would suggest going to a store and picking whichever model feels the best.

P&A and Classic both have no bead - different from you Ions/Wizards. JK is soft, KC is firm, and Yeti is somewhere inbetween. They all have a big bead like a Wiz.

like ^he said, feel them if you can and pick the one that feels best.

How firm is the mpro?

Unfortunately I don't have a shop to visit.

Beaded putter with glide kinda sounds like a Judge.

I switched to KCs about a month and a half ago. They fly kinda like an Ion in firm base plastic. They seem to get more grim as they wear. Curious to see how they feel when it's hot this summer.

There does seem to be an Aviar for all tastes. Don't forget the Omega line or the Aviar driver if you want a beaded Innova putter.

While we are on the subject I too am fairly new to the mold. How do the stabilities break down?

The beast ones are the Yeti and JK pro discs, but I love a small bead DX Aviar as well. They are all very accurate straight flyers and I have learned so many shots with them.

Having said that I don't bag one anymore in favor of the stability of a Rhyno and the better hand feel of a Wizard. I think the gummy Pro Aviars are close to the RFF Wizard I use but they just dont feel as good.

Feel=confidence=better scores for me

PnA has a very similar profile to an Anode, if you've ever tried one.

Since you said you have been putting with the Wiz & Ion, I think a BB Aviar would be the best choice. Since you like a soft putter try a JK or Yeti Aviar. They both are made in softer plastics. The Yeti has a concave top & is straighter than the other BB Aviars. Since the Yeti is straighter it won't "die in the air" like your Ions & Wizards. I personally putt with KC Aviars but it sound like you wouldn't like them since you don't like harder plastic putters.

My wizard and jk pro avair look and feel a lot alike. They both have beads and same profile. The only different is rff plastic..

Forgot about the magic. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for all the info boys. I don't think I'm stuck on having a soft putter though. I'm probably okay as long as its grippy.

do any of these fight find better than others?

I personally like the Omega SuperSoft putter for approach shots. It is just an Aviar PnA in super grippy and floppy plastic and it lands and sticks. I would use a classic Aviar for putting, but it just feels a little too small in my hand, so I have switched to a soft magic. A magic feels like a beefy Aviar in my opinion.