• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar p&a

Gotcha may be a deal breaker as I like me some harder putters.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a 'soft' putter by any means, just softer than the stiff DX. If you've felt Yeti, XT Pro is almost the same in feel and flex. Or Zero medium if you're more familiar with that.

I wish they would make the Aviar-X mold in a plastic other than JK Pro, super awesome mold but i can destroy JK Pro in a week or two with heavy use. I have a feeling a Champion Aviar-X would be a helluva driving putter as well. For those griping about beadless putters, there are also Big Bead Aviars and the Omega, which is an Aviar with a microbead. So why hate?

I almost popped out my dominant putting eye trying this...!

Lol :)

The xt aviar feels a lot like yeti but doesn't have that funky top. Good feeling plastic. Not too too soft. couple shades softer then KC. But you get that nice tackiness that some people need while putting where most kc are slick until they wear it off.

JK are much more flimsy. Not a fan of JK feel

I wish they would make the Aviar-X mold in a plastic other than JK Pro, super awesome mold but i can destroy JK Pro in a week or two with heavy use. I have a feeling a Champion Aviar-X would be a helluva driving putter as well. For those griping about beadless putters, there are also Big Bead Aviars and the Omega, which is an Aviar with a microbead. So why hate?

So is there two JK aviars? And plain jane and JK-X? I'd like a aviar x.

How do the XTs feel compared to Gateway plastics?

I feel like most gateway plastics have the nice tackiness. Some colors are a bit more waxy then other but most colors (or runs maybe?) are tacky. That's just my experience (wizards)

But I'd say XT aviar is like S or a firmer SS.

No comparison to any of the Gateway S series, IMO. XT Pro feels more like firmer R-Pro, if anything.

No comparison to any of the Gateway S series, IMO. XT Pro feels more like firmer R-Pro, if anything.

Feel like r pro is crap unless it's a r pro dart which are awesome finesse discs. I can bend a r pro into a taco easily while the xt is much harder to bend. Not saying like hard dx or kc pro like either. The tackiness is there in the r pro though.

Maybe there is more differences in XT then I thought. My buddy has three but likely from same run.

I prefer the grip on the XT over DX. If I wasn't putting with x-line P1Xs I'd use an XT Aviar. It has a very Yeti-like feel, but not quite as stiff as the Yeti.

Now if they made the XT Aviar with a sunken top like a Yeti...well, six to midnight, fellas.

Feel like r pro is crap unless it's a r pro dart which are awesome finesse discs. I can bend a r pro into a taco easily while the xt is much harder to bend. Not saying like hard dx or kc pro like either. The tackiness is there in the r pro though.

Maybe there is more differences in XT then I thought. My buddy has three but likely from same run.

I said "a firmer R-Pro". Plastic texture is similar. And yes, I'm sure there are variations in blends/runs...just like any Innova plastic.

Sorry didn't mean to offend ya snap it if I did.

Just in my head it's like: r pro , jk , yeti/ xt/ mcpro, kc. Reg avairs all over the place . Never quit as stiff as kc and never as soft as jk.

Sorry didn't mean to offend ya snap it if I did.

Just in my head it's like: r pro , jk , yeti/ xt/ mcpro, kc. Reg avairs all over the place . Never quit as stiff as kc and never as soft as jk.

I'd venture to say that GStar Aviars, especially in summer heat, are as soft if not softer than JK Aviars...