• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar p&a

Lol it's innova like you said earlier. Love or hate the infinite amount of molds, plastics, retools, weights, colors you can buy.

picture.php

Top half is aviar p&a...that's about half the stack of more or less identical ones I keep on hand.

Only putter I've ever used other than a brief flirtation with the big bead version.

^What are the discs under those throwing their own rave party?

Felt up the xt today at the shop didn't really care for it. They had yeti but not my cup of tee I'm fine so far with Mcpro and dx. Really wish I had visited these sooner.

I wish they would make the Aviar-X mold in a plastic other than JK Pro, super awesome mold but i can destroy JK Pro in a week or two with heavy use. I have a feeling a Champion Aviar-X would be a helluva driving putter as well. For those griping about beadless putters, there are also Big Bead Aviars and the Omega, which is an Aviar with a microbead. So why hate?

Is the Aviar-X mold and big bead mold used in KC/DX/Star big beads not the same?

I recently picked up a PnA mold classic aviar because it looked great and was super stiff. I really prefer this DX to the normal blend of DX I've been seeing lately, but it doesn't seem nearly as durable as KC or yeti pro.

Is the Aviar-X mold and big bead mold used in KC/DX/Star big beads not the same?

I've only felt up a JK pro in a store, but it looked like the same mold to me when I compared them to a KC pro. The following images are from the innova website, but I think the color/plastics and lighting make it hard to see. I've read that the X mold was made for JK when she switched from discraft to feel more like her discraft putters and then Climo made the switch at some point (x mold for 10x?) from the big bead PnA mold to the x mold for his KC Pro line.

cc7902fd25.jpg

I just went back to the dx aviar for putting/upshots and wish I'd never put it down. It was what I started with and guess I thought there were others that were better out there. They just like to go into the basket for me.

The aviar pna is a great mold. I love the McPro's a lot. The XT's aren't bad. More give to them than the McPro for sure without feeling too soft. If I didn't have a nice stack of McPro's though, I would definitely second the Classic Aviar as an awesome choice. More firm than the XT, and that classic stamp just makes everything else look ugly.

The big bead mold was what the Aviar used in the late 80's through the 90's. When you looked at the big bead and small bead Aviars, they had the same nose; the profile was the same other than the bead. The Aviar X mold has a blunt nose along with the big bead. I putt 9X KC Pro's; the 10X moved to the Aviar X mold and it is very noticeable when you compare the two. So far as I know, all the current Aviar big bead offerings use the Aviar X mold. I have been told that the big bead Omega used the old big bead mold, but I have never seen a big bead Omega.

The big bead mold was what the Aviar used in the late 80's through the 90's. When you looked at the big bead and small bead Aviars, they had the same nose; the profile was the same other than the bead. The Aviar X mold has a blunt nose along with the big bead. I putt 9X KC Pro's; the 10X moved to the Aviar X mold and it is very noticeable when you compare the two. So far as I know, all the current Aviar big bead offerings use the Aviar X mold. I have been told that the big bead Omega used the old big bead mold, but I have never seen a big bead Omega.

I see. I have thrown a big bead Omega and a current run KC Aviar and noticed that the KC Aviar had a blunter nose.

So what Aviar does the regular Omega copy? I've heard it was the grid stamped ones but curious to know for sure.

I'm still looking for an Anode replacement as well MrGlass. I love how good the Anode is in the wind and I'm very accurate with it for long jump putts but the lack of a baseline version is highly irritating. I've been going through the different Aviar variations lately and think I've settled on the P1X but the Omega big bead is feeling pretty solid as well and I like that New ET plastic. I just need an Aviar with less glide and I'm not a fan of hard plastic. Need that softer, tackier stuff.

Lots of good Aviar info here so far. Keep it coming.