• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom Alias

Tanking the Alias out and adding back in the beat Vector, The alias is a good disc but the beat vector does everything the alias can do with more wind resistance and versatility.. nothing like beating in a more stable disc to where you want it.

I played with a friend today that fell in love with my proton alias.

Him: man that thing holds ANY line you put it on!
Me: lol you sound like DGCR

The Alias is everything the Axis was supposed to be IMO.. It's similar to a Buzzz for me.

Any major difference between Proton and Neutron?

The Alias is everything the Axis was supposed to be IMO.. It's similar to a Buzzz for me.

Any major difference between Proton and Neutron?

i find my max weight proton has more glide and is better on anhyzer lines. i have a max weight neutron that is pretty beefy and performs best in headwinds and flex shots. my 169 neutron flies the same as the max weight proton with a touch less glide. all are red core/red rim.

Last edited:
Liking this disc more and more. Its slower than a axis or buzzz which makes it much easier to dial in shorter shots yet it still can fly very far with good power plus is less sensitive overall to angles being a little slower.

It really just wants to fly straight though no matter conditions etc.. super stable midrange'

I just came back after a bit of field work, and yes, this thing is flat out straight. But, it's a wonderful upshot disc as well. Case in point was yesterday, I had about 150 left and was on a hyzer route. Other neutral type discs might flip up, but this one held the hyzer angle very well and ended up under the basket. This was after a deuce on a 260 ft hole which required a very straight lowish shot under trees. It's not the longest mid in the bag, but if you're in range, it's extremely accurate.

Lol, I still haven't bought either Envy, Alias or Crave. Envy has been on my "must-buy" list for a long time but lately Alias and Crave have gotten there too. Next time I'm buying discs I'll definitely snatch at least all these three. I bet Alias would compliment my Tangent very well with a Tensor maybe.

I bet Alias would compliment my Tangent very well with a Tensor maybe.
I took the Tangent out of my bag, and then the Tensor; they don't add anything for me, with the Envy, Alias, Crave, and Resistor I'm considering to be necessary at the moment. If I ever feel a need for more under- and overstable short range discs, I'll go with the Westside Tursas and Harp that my wife uses, unless MVP/Axiom make new discs with more extreme flights at that speed.

The Alias is everything the Axis was supposed to be IMO

The axis takes more finesse. If you put the time in, the axis is straight up deadly. It also punishes bad form, so I don't see a lot of people throwing them. I have 2 in my bag and I couldn't throw without them. It's sooooooo sneaky long. The alias is what the alias is supposed to be. They're different beasts completely

Last edited:
The axis takes more finesse. If you put the time in, the axis is straight up deadly. It also punishes bad form, so I don't see a lot of people throwing them. I have 2 in my bag and I couldn't throw without them. It's sooooooo sneaky long. The alias is what the alias is supposed to be. They're different beasts completely

Yeah I know. But I think people wanted it to be a Buzzz destroyer at the beginning. The Buzzz is very forgiving and I like that quite a bit. The Axis can be a great disc no doubt, and I'll agree they are different.

Yeah I know. But I think people wanted it to be a Buzzz destroyer at the beginning. The Buzzz is very forgiving and I like that quite a bit. The Axis can be a great disc no doubt, and I'll agree they are different.

For sure. I can see that. The alias is more a buzzz than an axis or beat vector ever will. For now a stable axis is my buzzz slot but if the alias was any faster it would be a contender.

Lol, I still haven't bought either Envy, Alias or Crave. Envy has been on my "must-buy" list for a long time but lately Alias and Crave have gotten there too. Next time I'm buying discs I'll definitely snatch at least all these three. I bet Alias would compliment my Tangent very well with a Tensor maybe.

I didn't have a place in the bag for the Alias, so I resisted temptation. I've been toying with trying out an Envy, but I like soft putters and they aren't making them in soft yet, plus I'm pretty happy with my VPs. The Crave is transcendent, though; awesomely straight and workable fairway driver that handles wind amazingly well for its stability. Can't recommend that disc enough for the straight/stable slot.

I got in 6 rounds this weekend, and went w/o an Axis and plugged the P Alias I just got into that slot. (I recently lost my seasoned E Axis to a watery grave, which was my baby, so I'm trying the Alias finally to see which I prefer.)

It's a definite adjustment. The depth of the Alias, or else just me being inconsistent, but a few times I popped the wing up into an anny and it held it, to my dismay. I'd call this the biggest difference between the two (I put the Buzz in the same category as the Axis, in terms of feel, they have very similar profiles,) how they feel in/coming out of the hand. I find the Alias to be VERY close to the Envy in feel, actually.

It is slower and not as long as the Axis, especially on low lines, but as with many MVP molds, on smooth easy throws, it's longer than the speed suggests to you. Less fade than an Axis. Bit more HSS than a seasoned Axis. Even straighter than the Axis, in other words, but as such maybe a bit less versatile. A really beautiful line-shaper, as good as the subtle angles the thrower can work.

I can see where people are calling it 'more forgiving,' but to me it's like any stable mid: put it on the wrong angle, and it's going to hold it whether you like it or not. Maybe more forgiving in the sense that it seems, like the Tangent, to really shine on higher lines.

Because I love the Envy so much, and as it's seasoned it's getting longer for me, more and more a tweener-mid, I'm thinking about giving the Alias a serious go instead of the Axis, just for consistent feel. We'll see...

God, this disc is such a beast!! My proton/neutron combo is so perfect!! I like the proton a bit more because it is lighter but they both are beautiful!! Had a fantastic mid/putter round today!

I agree with a bunch of that. I feel like if you are going to throw the axis it has to be for what it is and that's a long midrange that can go in most directions. I never throw it in much of a headwind and it is not short. Really many holes the question is between, switch, crave, servo (FH? ), resister (FH?), axis, tensor (fh) (and with the envy edging in). All 6 of those discs work on almost every hole between 250 and 350 just depending on wind, hill, height, and grip. According to my game, I usually have a highest percentage option, but it's really fun to also sometimes throw second third and fourth shots with the rest of the MVPaximum core slots for me cause like I said, I can often throw all 6 on a given hole just depending.

Because I love the Envy so much, and as it's seasoned it's getting longer for me, more and more a tweener-mid, I'm thinking about giving the Alias a serious go instead of the Axis, just for consistent feel. We'll see...

After some breezy field work yesterday, the dew is coming off the rose for me with the Alias.

First of all, mines pretty new, and it's showing some warping now. It could be from being jammed in the mailbox, from being in the car in the mid 70s yesterday while I was at work (though none of my dozen other proton discs showed any sign,) but (and I meant to have a picture to post, maybe later tonight) half the flight plate domes, and half is flat to almost concave, and it doesn't sit flush on a tabletop. In the warm (not even truly NC Hot yet) weather it feels soft, almost floppy, more so than my soft P Anodes.

The short of it is, it's now kind of US, more so than my P Tangent...which could maybe not be a bad thing, I suppose, if I get used to it, it'll be the US Envy I'd like to have.

But, this thing is starting to fall behind in the fight for the Axis slot in the bag.

Since I know everyone's been on pins and needles (lol,) update:

My Alias, after a few days of light indoor duty, has self-corrected itself, so the 'warp' it was showing was definitely from being in an awkward position in the car on a pretty warm day.

Still in the hunt for the all-important stable mid slot.

I find the tangent and alias too similar to carrying both. While they compliment each other nicely for some uses I just don't have a real need for a more HSS tangent, that doesn't glide as well either IMO'

Two great mids which overlap quite a bit but provide different options given your style of play or power level and bag needs.

I find the tangent and alias too similar to carrying both. While they compliment each other nicely for some uses I just don't have a real need for a more HSS tangent, that doesn't glide as well either IMO'

Two great mids which overlap quite a bit but provide different options given your style of play or power level and bag needs.

+1 on this. I've got both in P, and there is a difference, but pretty minimal. Oddly, messing around with the Alias has given me a better appreciation for the Tangent, which just comes out of the hand better for me. I prefer the fan/pinch type grip for mids, and get much cleaner rips with lower profile and flat.