• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

There may be hope after all for my FH. After using the envy for flick approach shots, It just rides that flick so nice its almost effortless. Ive started to see some of the results show up on longer FH, too.

Great video as always but I'm more impressed by that course! Freakin' gorgeous! Looks like it could be tricky but fair. Which course is that, may I ask?

The first thing I noticed about them is that they feel softer than my protos I've been putting with...

...My initial thoughts are to take out my most OS Envy and replace it with a Soft...

May I ask if it's G*Star floppy or just 'soft' like a gummy champ? I have soft Anodes, but found them pretty normal overall. In the winter, it was a rock like everything else. Hoping for something truly soft to stay that way when the temps drop and for sticking to chains.

I popped out my more LSS watermelon recently for a lighter Neutron to compliment my standard proton. Sounds like I can put it back on the wall after getting a few of these!

Great vid!

K.

It feels very similar to esp FLX. My esp FLX surge SS is pretty beat so it's a little grippier currently but i feel like the soft neutron will get more grip with seasoning.

If my protos are any indication, these will break in to be extremely grippy.

thepirate, these are softer than my soft proton ions & anodes, they're probably the softest discs I've gotten from MVP.

I bought an Envy about 3 weeks ago. I was really enjoying the unique flight of it. Then I shanked it off into a abyss of a hillside with no good marker to have idea where it went. Thankfully it's on my friends private course so there may be some hope in one day finding it.

That's not a terrible comparison to soft N, actually, but I have't felt up the production run yet.

Just got my Soft Envy in the mail, and it feels like a mix between GStar and FLX. Me gusta. It's going in the bag for a bit.

If MVP wanted to put out a plastic with this kind of flexibility in a base plastic...$$$$$$$.

This plastic. Mmmmmm. Supple. Grippy. So Tasty.

I love you Soft Neutron. :D

This was my first time seeing or feeling Soft N plastic. It was worth the wait. Think of a Soft Proton that's a little grippier, and a little more supple, and you can imagine Soft Neutron. It's a little more flexible than FLX also.

I tested this gorgeous 174g orange on orange Soft Envy against my regular N Envy. IIRC, the N is also a 174.

The flight is a tad more overstable, but it's subtle. The Soft has the same great glide, and awesome rangeability (is that a word?) as its brother.

I tried to test out the ricochet factor of the soft vs regular by throwing the two against trees and light poles.
Do you know how hard it is to actually hit a tree trunk when you want to?!? :p

I was able to get close enough to hit a few, and as expected, the Soft didn't bounce as hard. This will obviously be beneficial when you're on the course trying to hit all those trees. :)

I didn't get a chance to putt with the Envy, but I will on my next outing to the course.

The biggest sell for this disc will be two things: The glorious plastic, and the little bit of extra stability. Both of those things will be enough for me to bag the Soft N Envy when I use my full bag. The feel is too nice to leave alone.

BTW, this is my first Axiom disc with the same color rim and core. The pics don't do it justice of how great it looks. The rim is just different enough so you know that it's Axiom, but there's also a really clean feel to it as well.

Latest posts