• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

If my protos are any indication, these will break in to be extremely grippy.

thepirate, these are softer than my soft proton ions & anodes, they're probably the softest discs I've gotten from MVP.

Second this. It is the grippiest MVP plastic to date IMO. MVP soft plastics are the best I've ever seen them.

Those who are saying the soft N's are slightly more OS...would you all say they are truly more OS or, as Mike suggested earlier in this thread, SEEM more OS because you've been using your other Envys so much that the HSS is gone?

Because I know, for me, I have been using the same Neutron Envy since it came out (yes, the same one I was complaining about being easily gouged). I switched my Proton (also in the bag since it came out) with a Watermelon and the 'Melon wasn't any more HSS than my worn Proton.

Those who are saying the soft N's are slightly more OS...would you all say they are truly more OS or, as Mike suggested earlier in this thread, SEEM more OS because you've been using your other Envys so much that the HSS is gone?

Because I know, for me, I have been using the same Neutron Envy since it came out (yes, the same one I was complaining about being easily gouged). I switched my Proton (also in the bag since it came out) with a Watermelon and the 'Melon wasn't any more HSS than my worn Proton.

LSS you mean Andy? even my 167g watermelon had noticeable more fade vs a seasoned 171g neutron I was sent by someone else. Every envy I have thrown though is 0 HSS and doesn't seem to change before the LSS will-- which was my whole gripe with this disc to begin with as my ions already fly straight :D

My N Envy is still fresh, so it was a good test against the Soft. The Soft has a small amount more LSS. It's not something that's going to jump out at you, but will make a difference on certain lines. It has just that little bit more fight.

I threw some fresh regular Envys in a soccer field next to the Softs yesterday just to be sure.

Compared a pink soft proto 167 against the production 167, saw more fade in the production.
Compared fresh 175 watermelon to 175 Soft Oreo, the Soft's fade was kicking in a bit sooner though they had very similar flights overall.
Threw my freshest, most OS N's, 175 & the 173 dyed (175 white with orange rim, it was in the last Envy video and you can see its beefy). Compared to the 175 Halloweens it was the same thing, almost identical flights except the Soft's fade was kicking in just a hair sooner.

Sorry the pictures didn't take....try again.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 69
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 69
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 61
Winget Hole 13 Playing a putter only round and it ended up about 5 feet in the woods to the left near the top of the hill. I was surprised to see a snake so close to the open field. I nudged the log it was on and went calmly on its way.

Nice throw. I had been throwing mids on that hole at first, but when I gave putters a shot I ended up doing better for some reason.

I've been seeing a lot of black snakes lately too.

I can't reach the top with my putter yet. I have been trying to throw just mids and putters and my distance has really improved in the last couple of weeks. I think I will be sticking with mids or a putter on 13 because I can at least throw those straight. :)

I felt a bit more comfortable putting with the soft N vs Proton last night.
This past winter I switched from medium proton to soft proton anodes and loved them. Then this early summer I switched to Proton Envys for a more OS putter. When I started to putt with the new soft N Envy it really reminded me of the soft proton 'spring' that I loved with my Anode.

I have a tournament coming up on Saturday (Playing advanced for the first time!!) and I have no problems dropping this new putter in the bag for the round.