• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Soft Neutron Envy Pass-Around

This is an idea I've had for a few weeks now.

As you may know I'm in possession of 4 proto Soft Envy's. They are my favorite putter by a wide margin, and I throw them on every putt, jump putt, most approach shots and a lot of short drives.

Unfortunately they are not in production yet. They will be eventually, but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone is interested in doing a pass around with one of my 167's?

As you may know I'm in possession of 4 proto Soft Envy's. They are my favorite putter by a wide margin, and I throw them on every putt, jump putt, most approach shots and a lot of short drives.

Unfortunately they are not in production yet. They will be eventually, but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone is interested in doing a pass around with one of my 167's?

I would like to try a soft Envy!

I love the Envy and am not terribly interested in the thought of a Soft Neutron right now. That may have more to do with playing in over 110 degrees through most of the summer and Softer plastics getting floppy though.

GCR- I hate that too but soft N doesn't really get floppy... Its weird stuff which I have come to love.

The OM seems to help keep the round shape much better than other similarly as soft feeling discs and the plastic is extremely durable (IMO the toughest of MVP's)

I'd love to try one. I just switched to envys for putting and have been loving them. I also got to feel AIM's soft Ions and those were amazing...

*drool*

I'm a soft N fan

pretty bummed that they haven't released a soft envy this far into the summer. I'm thinking we won't see them until 2015

Such a tease. You talkin bout Soft Neutron? Baseline?

I must be really missing something with baseline plastic. Is it a price? Cycling? (honest question).

Putting with an Envy is not for me, unless it is into a headwind, it doesn't float as much. I have 3 of them, so I guess I like them for many other reasons. My forehand is laughable, butt he Envy is slowly getting me there.

^^ Its price, feel, cycling, glide, price, feel, did I mention price? And feel?

I might always putt with N Ions, but I'd love to give baseline ones a fair shake.

^^ Its price, feel, cycling, glide, price, feel, did I mention price? And feel?

I might always putt with N Ions, but I'd love to give baseline ones a fair shake.

I would for sure grab some baseline Envy and anodes.

I would for sure grab some baseline Envy and anodes.

I want baseline MVP putters so bad. I like the feel of baseline for putting, and then it also makes them easier to cycle. Nothing is more fun to throw than an old jacked up baseline putter that looks like it shouldn't even be flying anymore.

It would solve the understable putter with the feel of an Envy requests.

It would also make it easier to beat up their stable molds into turnover discs. If I lost my beat to hell Eclipse Axis I'd be sad.

Is it wrong of me to just prefer my ions and an anode to using my envy? I just can't seem to gel with it. Mine is light at 163 but it's just a bit understable and overly glidey for me. 3 rounds and I haven't "gotten" it yet. Threw in my ions that I haven't used for well over a year and within a few approaches I was back to hitting putts.

Maybe order a 175 like I'm used to and hope it's just the 12 gram difference making it all mental for me?

Is it wrong of me to just prefer my ions and an anode to using my envy? I just can't seem to gel with it. Mine is light at 163 but it's just a bit understable and overly glidey for me. 3 rounds and I haven't "gotten" it yet. Threw in my ions that I haven't used for well over a year and within a few approaches I was back to hitting putts.

Maybe order a 175 like I'm used to and hope it's just the 12 gram difference making it all mental for me?

It's probably just one of those things where you don't gel with a disc. My envy is a beat up 170 N, and it has no HS turn at tall.

Wait, you're talking about using it for putting..? I'll tell you, I putt soft P Anodes, and while I feel like they're glidey for putting, they're kinda bricklike in comparison to my Envy. When I do putt with it (Envy)it has a tendency to sail high, because it needs less "lobbing" than the soft Anodes.