• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Well the experiment failed. I'm back to using Anodes but I still bag a Neutron Envy for approach shots.

even soft Proton?

What I understood was soft N, and maybe it's just soft N Envies. They had a larger number than usual from that run that were throwaways.

I think they might talke about it in the MVP Q&A thread on here from late last year/early this year. Otherwise, it was one of the guys on here that communicates with them.

I believe it

My soft N ion definitely has some flaws. I would be okay with soft P envy. Can't imagine that would be an issue...

I had a really beat 172g N Envy, which I unfortunately lost in a river that runs by one basket on my home course. Since then I ventured into Ions, which is FANTASTIC for putting. I want that Envy back, and just got two N Envys, one 165g and one 171g. I'm going on a mission on beating them in real good.

Any tips, besides trying to hit trees over and over? Thinking of doing one disc rounds with them to get them beat in real fast. Maybe rounds with my Tangent/Axis which I'm also trying to beat in. I just don't really like the Envies for putting, but every throw helps when trying to break them in...

I believe it

My soft N ion definitely has some flaws..

yeah most of them which I've come across had some type of issue generally like this along the top of the flight plate on the shoulder of the disc where core meets the overmold.

2013-10-03_13-11-03_643.jpg

2013-10-03_13-41-20_248.jpg

2013_10_03_13_41_20_248.jpg

Only 9 more days until the Watermelon Envy is released.

I've got my beat to crap N Anode for putting. My beat Soft Eclipse Ion for neutral control drives and layups. I think this Watermelon proton Envy will fit right in as my OS putter.

Does anyone like the Envy for putting?

Switched from Anodes to Envys for putting cause I like the shallow depth. Love them for putting but I still use the Anode most of the time for anything 50' and out for its straighter flight and less fade. Great great combo. As I'm getting more accustomed to the flight of the Envy I use it for those outside the circle putts more and more. Just to be noted I use a spin putt style.

I just got a max weight Proton Envy on Monday, and it immediately earned a spot in my bag. I wouldn't describe it as overstable, just stable. It has great high speed stability in low wind situations, and for this reason, along with its shallow depth, I am loving it for drives off the tee and up shots. It has just enough fade at the end to make it easy to gauge distances with. I won't use it as a putter as I don't like premium putters, but this is definitely staying in the bag for drives and upshots.

I too absolutely love the envy. Its slowly steeling more and more shots from my mids. It has become an absolute utility disc for me. I'd say any shot under 200' I'm considering using it. I also use it as my most reliable putter. I know its been said, but WHERE IS THE SOFT PLASTIC! I love my neutron but I really wish I could get a soft proton, or a soft neutron. I would still use my hard plastic but i like soft plastic for lay ups.

Is everyone going to throw their watermelon envy? I think I will be too scared to throw it because it is going to look so good. I've been wanting any envy for a while though...