• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I was using my ESoft Envy on a lot of backhand drives and long approaches this weekend and I was really happy with how it was flying. Still missing the perfectly worn in pre Conrad one I lost in AL this summer but the newer one is very nice.

It always seems to surprise me how far these go without fading.

I picked up a soft Envy the other day and the plastic is significantly firmer than my older softs. A most welcome change. It's been a few years since I last bought MVP, is this the level of firmness I should expect from current run sorts, or was this a freak?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

Yeah the new soft electron is firmer than the old run, I would even speculate that the cosmic is a touch firmer than my JC soft. I don't have a lot of firms though, just the proto glow.

The soft neutrons I've picked up recently don't feel any different to me than the ones I bought four or five years ago.

I feel like the current run of Soft Neutron aren't nearly as soft as the patent pending ones. I have 2 new and 1 PP Envy that I compared to each other and the new aren't nearly as soft. Also not as soft as my Soft N Proxy that was one of the first with flight numbers/patent. To me, the new Soft N is negligibly softer than regular N at its current state.

Just wanted to thank you guys for helping me with my first order of Envy's. So far I am loving them, and am really happy with the Soft Electron - It's not nearly as soft as I'd imagined. Should be perfect heading into winter.

Decided I needed to get back to the envy. Pulled out a new 164 plasma and well wow. Almost like my proxy but no drift and it faded like an envy just way later. Still wishing the envy had more bite or separation from the proxy links am envy x or so if you will not zone link maybe between the envy and entropy. Anyway the envy will always be my favorite one disc round and although it doesn't get pulled much these days it'll always be bagged.

Had a Conrad electron envy I found. It was perfect.

Bought 2 neutrons, but they are noticeably more OS and shorter. Still nice, but not magical like the electron.

Bought 2 neutrons, but they are noticeably more OS and shorter. Still nice, but not magical like the electron.

If you told me I had to ditch my Judges… whatever.

If you took away my Harps I could throw in something similar from just about any manufacturer and wouldn't cry.

Take out my electron Envy's and I'm not sure what I'd do. They are just so versatile and workable.

Nothing wrong with having a rotation of electron envys… I still like to carry a premium one for the most part

Noticed on OTB that they rate the stiffness of the various Electron variants of the Envy as...

Electron Firm - 7 (Very Stiff)
Electron - 6 (Pretty Stiff)
Electron Soft - 3 (Somewhat Gummy)

Does that match people's experience with the current runs (very little difference between Electron & Electron Firm, but a very noticeable difference beween Electron & Electron Soft)?

Honestly, I'd probably give the firm a 6, the standard electron a 5, and the "soft" a 4.

Really the difference between standard and firm isn't all that great. The difference between regular electron and the soft also isn't that great.

I don't know if you're familiar with any of the trilogy plastics but I'd say the soft electron is closest to BT medium/classic blend. The firm electron is pretty close to BT hard/classic.

Hi Envy experts, looking to buy my son a good driving putter and thought the Envy was the obvious choice. But I don't know anything about them in various plastics. For reference he throws Destroyers 400' and will want to put full power into these.

Hi Envy experts, looking to buy my son a good driving putter and thought the Envy was the obvious choice. But I don't know anything about them in various plastics. For reference he throws Destroyers 400' and will want to put full power into these.

Morning! I'd say neutron or plasma or eclipse. It is a good time of year for some glow. You can't go wrong with any of those as a first "beefier" envy.

I would stay away from prism plasma, electron and proton. Soft neutron is alright but it's a little less HSS than the others. For the record electron is much more neutral glidey awesome still withstands a ton of clean power and really glides and stretches a straight line.

I always pack an electron and a neutron/ plasma

Noticed on OTB that they rate the stiffness of the various Electron variants of the Envy as...

Electron Firm - 7 (Very Stiff)
Electron - 6 (Pretty Stiff)
Electron Soft - 3 (Somewhat Gummy)

Does that match people's experience with the current runs (very little difference between Electron & Electron Firm, but a very noticeable difference beween Electron & Electron Soft)?

I have some of each and that sounds about right to me. Maybe 7 - 6 - 4 but that is quibbling.

I don't know if you're familiar with any of the trilogy plastics but I'd say the soft electron is closest to BT medium . . .

Excellent analogy - I bag a soft electron Envy, soft electron Proxy, and BT Medium Harp. The stiffness of each feels very similar.

Morning! I'd say neutron or plasma or eclipse. It is a good time of year for some glow. You can't go wrong with any of those as a first "beefier" envy.

I would stay away from prism plasma, electron and proton. Soft neutron is alright but it's a little less HSS than the others. For the record electron is much more neutral glidey awesome still withstands a ton of clean power and really glides and stretches a straight line.

I always pack an electron and a neutron/ plasma

Not really looking for a debate but I am going to have to disagree with you on a couple of things.

I wouldn't consider the eclipse to be on the beefier side. Admittedly I only own a couple of them but they are just middle of the road Envy's.

Also, the soft neutron (again I only have a few of them) are some of the more high speed stable Envy's I own.

Any premium plastic Envy ought to do

Glow or Neutron even the Soft

I haven't thrown a Plasma to speak to those tho

There are touring pros with 500+ feet of power who throw Envy's in base and premium

Latest posts