• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom for $9.99

Settle down.
If MVP makes a gazelle, I'll convert.

The Kaxe is already the best replacement for a Gazelle there is... just sayin'.
And I always loved Gazelles, too. But try out a K1 Kaxe and see what I mean.

This move by MST, though, after there was talk on FB about them having some kind issue w MVP, seems like a pretty unprofessional, passive aggressive play on their part.
I mean, Axiom throwers are reaping the rewards, but still kind of a high school level behavior, if the reasons are true.

I am of the opinion that Axiom and Vibram have too many color combos which could equate to dealers having problems selling off the "ugly" ones. I know that Community did a 'fugly vibram' sale a while back with stock that wouldn't move. I wouldn't be surprised if that was MST's beef.

Really though it will just benefit Axiom throwers so be happy about it if you throw those.

I am of the opinion that Axiom and Vibram have too many color combos which could equate to dealers having problems selling off the "ugly" ones. I know that Community did a 'fugly vibram' sale a while back with stock that wouldn't move. I wouldn't be surprised if that was MST's beef.

Really though it will just benefit Axiom throwers so be happy about it if you throw those.

You could be on to something here. It is always funny to me how people think more is better. Sometimes sure, but in this case yes I would certainly not buy particular axiom discs simply because of color combo.

That's what I was thinking when I saw a few of the color combos...

Hey Axiom, how about making more discs in the good color combos.:popcorn:

They just jam your discs in a mailer/box too pretty wack.

I have made way more orders than I would like to admit from MST. And I have NEVER have any problem with how my discs have been shipped. Usually in a box packed full of newspaper to keep them from moving around. Never felt like my discs were crammed in.

What's interesting to me is, they aren't even advertising this sale on the front of their page. This is a better deal for a single companies discs than any Black Friday deal out there. And you would have no idea the sale was going on unless you actually were looking at the Axiom discs. Plus they are just repriced, not even really listed as a sale. It's kind of a weird situation, but hey I'll take a couple of cheap discs to try out.

Hahahahaha they are liquidating their stock of gaudy color combos that nobody wants and passing the savings on to yooooooooou!

wacky_waving_inflatable_arm_flailing_tube_man.gif

Being still very new to the game I have not thrown anything from Axiom. So my question is where is a good place to start? I am a sucker for putters and FW drivers.

What's interesting to me is, they aren't even advertising this sale on the front of their page. This is a better deal for a single companies discs than any Black Friday deal out there. And you would have no idea the sale was going on unless you actually were looking at the Axiom discs. Plus they are just repriced, not even really listed as a sale. It's kind of a weird situation, but hey I'll take a couple of cheap discs to try out.

I'd bet that the buyers are people on boards like DGCR, who have been talking about the situation as we have, and who saw and discussed the price changes as we have...

I will agree with this for sure! Especially if as a dealer you get random crap colors to try to pass off on people.

Even from the MFG standpoint imagine running and inventorying all the SKUs of color combos ( if they do that? ).

I have wanted to try a Proxy and just cant justify spending $15 on UGLY plastic...:gross:...I will not even spend the $9.99 ( even for a thrower ) for one if MST would ship it for free!

Are the guys at Axiom/MVP color blind? I like colorful plastic but their "combos" are laughable at best.

Being still very new to the game I have not thrown anything from Axiom. So my question is where is a good place to start? I am a sucker for putters and FW drivers.

Axiom Envy, driving putter. You don't want any of the other MVP/Axiom discs :)

I honestly could not care less about ugly. That doesn't even enter my mind. I just don't want something that looks like the color was derived from ground pine straw. I'd like to be able to actually find the disc after I throw it. Some of these so called ugly colors are great for that.

I'm okay with most of the combos since they feature heavily in Pink/Orange which I like, but the Green/Orange and Purple/Red I'm seeing a ton of are pretty rough.

They should get a list of college football colors and make those. Down here you could move some serious red/black or red/white proxys.

I bet that sounds like a rough combo.

Latest posts