• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Insanity

Bump

Why aren't more MVP throwers all over this superb driver? Worn Inertia? You bet, but with much better glide. The Plasmas are extra sweet!

Bump

Why aren't more MVP throwers all over this superb driver? Worn Inertia? You bet, but with much better glide. The Plasmas are extra sweet!
It's the best seller of both brands. Tesla is a close 2nd

Same here. You really can't judge overall sales by this forum or even heard core dg'ers. Lots of noobs being born every day. I was one of them not to long ago. No preconceived notion on what was cool or what pros threw. I picked what seemed interesting and different.

Same here. You really can't judge overall sales by this forum or even heard core dg'ers. Lots of noobs being born every day. I was one of them not to long ago. No preconceived notion on what was cool or what pros threw. I picked what seemed interesting and different.

You're right about that, this is just a fraction of MVP/Axiom sales. When I surprisingly find a new shipment of MVP at a more obscure Mom and Pop store here, and then go back a month later and only 1 or 2 MVP left in the racks, it brings the point home.

Picked up one of the 1616 stamp Plasmas to replace my lost Fission Tesla. First throw with it, I parked the 418' A position on Hole 5 at Belmont Park. Too bad the pin was in the 468' B position, but still, WOW! I'm a guy who throws 360' or so. It's the most glidey thing I've ever thrown outside of a River. Good Lord this thing is awesome.

I have one, its a nice disc, I think its just too understable for most advanced users or power players. I use mine in the winter for the fact that when im all bundled up and standing in snow its easier to get a good flight. its a good disc, but, super understable

I have one, its a nice disc, I think its just too understable for most advanced users or power players. I use mine in the winter for the fact that when im all bundled up and standing in snow its easier to get a good flight. its a good disc, but, super understable

:confused: You throw 500ft+...? Sure you are not mistaking this with a Virus?...

I have about 350ft of power, atm and it flies like a nice pearly champ beast for me.

Last edited:
:confused: You throw 500ft+...? Sure you are not mistaking this with a Virus?...

I have about 350ft of power, atm and it flies like a nice pearly champ beast for me.

Maybe our discs are different. But even my inertias are quite understable too. im not a torque monkey nor do I throw much past 400-420ft but, everyone has different play / experience with a disc.

Yea I guess that could be the case. I have one of the Neutrons from the first release that were pretty gummy in the flight plate. Guessing its at least 2yrs old(cant remember how long ago they were released) and like the soft envys, it hasn't really changed its flight all that much. Has a nice turn if thrown hard and flat but wont burn and most of the time it will fade back to center. It will flip up flat and ride straight for nearly the whole flight if I give it a bit of hyzer. With a little head wind and some anhy, I can get it to flip over into a nice roller.

Wow this thing bombs. Second time throwing the 1616 Plasma on hole 5 at Belmont and I was pin high, 45' to the right of the 474' B position (notorious left-to-right crosswind got me). Still, that's about a 480' tee shot, albeit downhill. I'm not sure there's a better disc out there for those of us with only 330-350' of power. Plus it's an awesome distance roller. Gonna need to pick up a couple more of these.

Wow this thing bombs. Second time throwing the 1616 Plasma on hole 5 at Belmont and I was pin high, 45' to the right of the 474' B position (notorious left-to-right crosswind got me). Still, that's about a 480' tee shot, albeit downhill. I'm not sure there's a better disc out there for those of us with only 330-350' of power. Plus it's an awesome distance roller. Gonna need to pick up a couple more of these.
Be sure to try the Wave if you're liking the Insanity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have a buddy that was throwing around 340-350' max, and with the Insanity I gave him to try out he's been hitting 380'. works great for him!

A friend let me throw his proton Insanity yesterday. Laser straight with just a bit of hyser. I love how it locked into a flat/straight line. I haven't thrown axiom otherwise.
Can anyone recommend what weight (not sure what weight I threw yesterday), plastic type and plh I might look for?
For reference I throw Teebirds, FDs and Valkyries for my main drivers. I hit 300-330 consistently atm and about 330-350 when I'm throwing well, later in the season.

I like the idea of a disc I can bomb on a hyzer, roll and get some big flexes with. I like my Valk a lot for the flexes but it's pretty stable and somewhat touchy on those lines.

Ask your friend if you can borrow his. And not give it back. :p

(FWIW, I'm partial to Plasma plastic, and the Insanity is no exception)

Ask your friend if you can borrow his. And not give it back. :p

(FWIW, I'm partial to Plasma plastic, and the Insanity is no exception)

I'm not familiar with these plastics. What's the upside of plasma?

Latest posts