• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

It's been a while since I've thrown an Anode but I remember it as having a bit more turn than the Proxy. It can definitely flip to flat and finish straight, but I don't think it has the HSS of a Proxy. The Proxy's ability to take power is part of what makes it special.

Splitting hairs here. They're both very neutral and straight putters. The main difference I see is that the Proxy is a little lower profile and doesn't have quite the glide of the Anode.

Splitting hairs here. They're both very neutral and straight putters. The main difference I see is that the Proxy is a little lower profile and doesn't have quite the glide of the Anode.

Agreed that is what I see as well. The anode while I love it just is a tad too deep, where the proxy is perfect for my grip.

For me the glide difference is quite big between Anode and Proxy. Anode goes for days while Proxy has probably the least amount of glide out of all my putters. I prefer the Proxy as I find it easier to range and the lower profile makes for a great thrower IMO. Pairs great with the Envy as well :thmbup:

Wow the proxy is straight. Threw it yesterday as my only putter and reminded me a lot of my old seasoned GRIP line pures that didnt turn or fade. It holds the release angle extremely well. I might use these vs a tangent for a while ITB and see how it goes. So far i really like it. Anyone thrown it into strong headwinds?

Anyone thrown it into strong headwinds?

I've tossed mine in some wind, not sure I'd call it "strong," though.

I think they hold up pretty well stability wise in let's call it 'moderately breezy' conditions. I guess it hasn't even occurred to me to even try it into the teeth of a real serious heady since I'd never pull it out in that situation anyway. ("tester mentality" fail) :\

heard this disc is the same as the atom

someone please merge both threads

I go to my local pitch and putt with 2 envies and 2 proxies. I throw all of them on every hole. Today we had some big winds and the proxies got beat around pretty bad. Even with an extreme hyzer release everything I could do they just didn't hold up. I'm calmer winds though or crosswinds they seem fine. As to the straightness to me it's the straightest discs I've ever thrown. It's hard to get used to it the proxy is pretty hss and no fade just awesome.

I have. It doesn't hold up, unfortunately.

I'm not sure why you'd expect it to either. Everything this straight will get pwnd by a strong headwind. It's decent enough in breezy conditions and predictable in crosswinds.

The Envy is great, I throw it a ton depending on the course. Today it didn't get used once, but the Proxy was hands down my most used disc outside of my main putters. 250' lasers and super accurate approaches.

Specs aren't the same.

Proxy
21.0cm
1.8cm
1.5cm
1.1cm

Atom
21.1cm
1.9cm
1.4cm
1.1cm

The only thing that's the same is the rim width.

Since throwing a pair of these in the bag a week ago I've gotten multiple comments "what disc is that" when driving it off the tee. Damn thing is SOO straight. Really fun to mash on (as a putter driving whore) it reminded me of throwing a polecat that wasn't a lid, very true flying to the release angle but not touchy-- just goes where you throw it and doesn't do anything fancy getting there. Never got down with the envy much but the proxy is going to have a spot in my bag 4 shizzzle.

Proxy just booted my alias out of the bag, it's my most used mid/upshot disc I've had to date.

I love how it compliments the envy. Both can be ripped hard and if thrown properly no turn. The proxy won't fade and the envy will. It's still difficult for me to trust the proxy not to turn for some reason even though I know it won't. The proxy is taking all approach shots and a ton of drives for me lately. Honestly I think this disc is under rated as the atom kind of stole the thunder.

I have had the Proxy riding in my bag for two rounds now. I never thought I needed another putter in the bag.. especially one just for throwing. I already have a Scale, Serpent & Soft Envy. Thats mega OS, straight to slightly US & moderately OS (One would imagine that is all you need in a driving putter set up).

Again two rounds in... I have hit basket three times off the tee.

This disc is easily one of the most underrated MVP/Axiom offerings to date. I clicked with it from the very first throw. It is almost unnatural how straight it is. I can literally give it all I want and it will just fly STRAIGHT. It doesn't really turn or fade. It just cruises on any line that it is given and then settles on down.

I would contest that the Proxy is near the top choices for best "serious new" player driving putter. Its very long flying for a putter, very controllable on upshots and will be useful from newb status up to the big leagues. Consider me a HUGE Proxy advocate... and I swear that I didn't intend to be