• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

I'm digging my watermelon right now, pretty awesome straight flying mold. If MVP ever releases a premium especially plasma Atom :fingerscrossed: I'll probably replace it and get down to just Scale/Atom for putters. But for right now, it's working well.

I have messed around with it while warming up b4 rounds. It flies a straight pure line to the basket, but I haven't really got the surface beat in enough to have the grip I would want in a putting putter. However, this thing saved my hide several times at bg ams over the weekend, when I needed a pinpoint approach shot through the trees.

I'm not really a fan of regular N plastic but this thing is tempting

I almost strictly use the proxy off the teepad, not even for approach shots, but it's such a good disc. It's amazing how straight and far this will go with full power. I'm really excited to be getting the watermelons in soon.

Have you thrown the envy much? Any differences you can note that really stick out? Envy is cool but just doesn't do much for me. Going to have to check out a watermelon from Bdod.

Have you thrown the envy much? Any differences you can note that really stick out? Envy is cool but just doesn't do much for me. Going to have to check out a watermelon from Bdod.

Proxy will CTRL+C the first half of the Envy flight and CTRL+V it as the 2nd half of its flight. Dead freaky straight. I drive and approach with it; no putting premiums for me.

For me the envy still has fade at the end and a bit more HSS than the proxy on a full drive. I can't hyzer flip an envy like I do with the proxy. I release the proxy with just a touch of hyzer and it flips to flat and never tracks off of it. If I release the envy with that same hyzer it will hold it. And If I release an envy flat it will hold most of the way until it fades at the end. Sometimes that reliable fade is what you are looking for, but I throw rhynos and have a ton, so the envy isn't as needed. I have rhynos plenty beat up to keep the same kind of lines as an envy.

tight.

....and premiums like DEEZ feel soooooooo nice! Little velveteen no gloss sheen and hard around the edge with a nice give to the flight plate. Peeps don't even KNOW.

Message_1430008943812.jpg

The proxy has earned its spot in the bag as my putter. I just like neutron and the feel. It's also a superb driving putter, as stated laser straight. And toying with nose angles can do quiet a bit on approaches. Loving my this disc more and more every round. Proxy/envy is a deadly combo.

Am starting to really like the disc. I didn't use it much over the winter do to slickness, but now with it warm this thing is great. I hit chains twice at the local pitch and putt today.....still no ace in 3 years....

I tried a friend's Proxy on approach shots for a round, and it's a nice straight flyer. But I like the Anode better.

Care to share why. I am opposite just wondering what separates the two for you.

The Anode has more glide and better range, for me. And it has about the same stability. I could be happy with a Proxy for approach and driving though, it's very good.