• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

Super excited for this new soft Proxy release. Now comes the long wait until the end of the month. I wonder what great color combos there will be?

Finally, I can stop eating popcorn....

... Soft Proxy:popcorn:

... ok so I lied

I don't think you should. You have been so dedicated to this cause that you should continue to eat the popcorn every time you mention it.

And my bag (or wallet) is going to hate this...can't wait

Nah I will keep my firm also. Its just starting to get into that beaten tacky phase. The soft envy, in my experience, tend to hold their flight characteristics longer than the firms, so hopefully these will be the same.

Nah I will keep my firm also. Its just starting to get into that beaten tacky phase. The soft envy, in my experience, tend to hold their flight characteristics longer than the firms, so hopefully these will be the same.

Figured you would. Good disc in any plastic.

Did any softs make it out to testers? I was curious if they threw as per regular N's. Also, since I received 1 extra soft N Tesla in an order (softer than my Soft Envy's), I hoped future soft releases might be found in a range of softness.

Got my tester Soft Proxy in today. Haven't had a chance to throw it yet, but it feels a little different than the Soft Envy I had. This one feels more like flexible plastic with a sheen, whereas the Envy felt a bit more rubbery, if that makes sense. Looking forward to tossing it alongside my N and Watermelon Proxies and reporting back.

Got my tester Soft Proxy in today. Haven't had a chance to throw it yet, but it feels a little different than the Soft Envy I had. This one feels more like flexible plastic with a sheen, whereas the Envy felt a bit more rubbery, if that makes sense. Looking forward to tossing it alongside my N and Watermelon Proxies and reporting back.

Hmmm. Interesting. Wonder if they are still trying to figure out the plastic blend? :\

I don't think sheen sounds to desirable?

Got my tester Soft Proxy in as well. It has a little bit of a pop top. It's very slight, but compared to the Envy, Atom, Ion, and Anode, it's noticeable. All of those are flat, even concave. This is not. I don't have my regular N Proxy anymore, so I have nothing to compare it to. Not sure if it's common for the mold.

Here's a pic.

You can see how the center is popped up a bit and the sides slope down. Not used to seeing that on an MVP disc. Maybe all Proxies are like that, but it doesn't ring a bell.

I won't get a chance to throw it until Wednesday, but I wanted to comment that the plastic is not quite as soft and pliable as the Soft Envy I have for a tester. Still nice plastic though. Flexy and grippy at room temps, and ran it under some cold water and it still has nice bend and grip. Almost a little tacky when I dried it. Good stuff.

Latest posts