• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Back on the Road Again - Tour Stop #2 (Emporia, KS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
attachment.php

Tour Stop #2

Emporia, KS
Glass Blown Open, National Tour #2.
"Trilogy getting bigger"

As we pull into GBO my brain is wandering. So much to do in just one week. Playing against the best, releasing a disc, meeting with my bosses, managing our team, playing doubles, and restocking at the DD distribution center for the tour. This is one week where I don't even have time to tie my shoes. I am not going to go over too much of the competition as there is plenty of coverage out there online.

Emporia is probably one the biggest disc golf cities on the planet. They love our sport. Many businesses display signs welcoming disc golfers to town. Turn on the radio and even the DJ is talking about the event. Emporia embraces disc golf and makes it their own. Now add that they have a handful of world class courses and Emporia is a must visit disc golf stop.

Competition
With over 900 players in town there would be strong competition in many divisions. After it all shook out, it came down to McBeth and I battling for the title. I battled with him all event and approaching the 14th hole of the final round I was only one behind. I made a poor play and took a bogey. After he birdied the next hole, I was three back with three to play. I tried to ace 16, went long and that was it. Another second place. I am getting closer to my old form. I know McBeth and I will have many more dances the rest of the season. Also Devan Owens and I finished tied for 4th in the big Sunday doubles. I made an ace on hole #4 at the Country Club and we had fun, thanks Devan for being my partner and Travis for carrying my bag.

Non competition
The GBO has so much to offer. One of my favorite nights was the Swedish bonfire. Behind the DD distribution center they burned years of pallets that DD had received there discs on from Sweden. It was the Swedish Kings birthday so they made a toast and we all screamed "skoalll!!!".

The putting contest was won on the last putt by Jay Reading from 60 feet! We released new discs at the block party.

Johne - Signature Saint Pro
Wysocki - Decodye Ballista
Mccabe - Lucid Justices
Myself - Decodye Spark

There were poker parties, movie night, and even an opportunity to stamp your own disc. It was a great week I want to thank my caddy Marc, Justin Klumpe and family for there hospitality and all people involved in any Trilogy companies and the movement.

Next Stop
La Mirada, California , The West Coast Championships- A-tier. It is a long drive, so gotta start driving see you in the fairway.

Attachments

• blog_2.jpg
    blog_2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 2,035
Last edited:
Agreed! Thanks for coordinating this timg and for posting DF.

Enjoyed reading it. Thanks for taking the time to share. And I can't wait to see you play at your old form.

Status
Not open for further replies.