• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backhand help

I've made zero progress. For the life of me I can't "stay back". And other problems. -.-

It feels like I'm doing some stuff differently, but I know I'm not. I'm at the point that I wish I could start over. Here is a video of one of my least favorite throws during my short practice session. Wizard ~250ft give or take about 10 feet. The flight was nice. I'm stuck throwing my Leos and Eagles 350ft.
Meh: http://youtu.be/4G8nyjRzw1E

It looks to me like you are tense through the pump forward and the backswing. Your backswing looks short or rushed or something. I honestly can't quite pick out what is odd about it, but it may just be that you are tense. It also seems like you aren't waiting for the weight to shift on to the front foot before you start bringing the disc forward. Swing back loose and relaxed and then initiate forward from the peak of the backswing when the weight shifts to your front foot.

I find that getting a feel for the timing and weight shift is easier from a half step/stand still.

Looks like your rear foot/leg is turned back too far to load into your rear hip. You are too backward, but not loaded(turned into your core) to make a powerful forward move(see power of posture).

When you plant it looks like you aren't getting your shoulder forward enough and instead stand up(see Feldy vid about 7min). You are faced up to the target before your lower arm releases(see big deep release vid).

So, the Shawn C video where he is slicing the watermelon was very helpful. Definitely not there yet but I feel a little more balanced at the end.