• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bang for buck temp basket?

I found the instep baskets on eBay, $95 for one, $180 for two. That price includes shipping. We have a bunch of these, if you want to spend another $15 you can put inner chains on it. I had gotten them for around $75 before, they seem to all be a bit higher at the moment. Ignore the places that sell them for $120+, http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=390188372724 go here.
The only major downside is the baskets are shallow compared to proper ones, but you can't beat it for the money. I like these better than the DGBDC-21, the other one shown up top, we have a bunch of insteps and a few of the DGBDC, and we like the insteps better. The chains aren't as nice on those.
I haven't had a chance to look at the DD Recruit basket yet, but that could be the best buy for the money from what I've seen online, but I want to get my hands on one and see how they do.

As far as the Costco baskets, I'd been told that the Costco baskets were insteps. I haven't seen a Costco basket to compare it to. You can get the insteps from eBay, so it's probably easier to get it that way.

I will also agree on the Costco basket. I had to google what that one looked like and found out that the basket I practice putting on actually is a Costco basket! It was given to me so I had no idea. If you want to improve it, then add Horizontal Chains like the Discmania Lite basket. That's what I did to my Costco basket and it'll catch a drive from 400'. I know because I did it yesterday while doing some field work with drivers. The Horizontal Chains keep the light vertical chains from separating to much and spitting your disc through. The key is to put the horizontal chains in the correct spot. Cost me about $10-$15 bucks and works like a champ! Paint your chains to keep them from rusting out though. I did this and leave my basket outside year round with no change.

Can you show me a photo of your setup? I'd like to upgrade my costco basket like this too.