• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket at Costco...

just saw a huge pile of these...$65, so tempted, but i live in a studio in the city :( no yard or storage space

I live in an apartment. I take my basket to an empty lot about 2 blocks from here, and work on my putting there. I have no room here to practice either, so I do it down the street.

I live in an apartment. I take my basket to an empty lot about 2 blocks from here, and work on my putting there. I have no room here to practice either, so I do it down the street.

i have a couple pitch and putts less than 5 min from my place, so i just use those. it'd just be so nice to walk out my door and practice for 20 min here and there. i don't think the neighbors would be too found of it either

If you're in Arizona, sorry - no baskets in the entire state. Apparently SoCal has a load of 'em.

The Costco in Woodinville (northeast of Seattle) has them in. What's ironic is that the manufacturer on the boxes here isn't Seattle Sports. It's another company I've never heard of.

Talk to the local Costco manager, they maybe able to order them for you. I could never find it listed at the Costco website or at my local Costcos. Seems to be a posting like this every year regarding the In Step basket being sited at a Costco. Ended up buying a couple Gateway targets from their FB deal last summer.

Last edited:
Got mine today!! Unfortunately, I have to wait 20 days 'til my b-day :(

product #631310 at Costco on 138th Ave. in Portland. Probably at least 20 still in stock. Easily located in outdoor section, not high up on a shelf.
Was only $69!

I can't wait to do the modifications and start practicing. Lord knows I need it:eek:

I saw these at Academy Sports And Outdoors a while back

basketwithropes.jpg

I picked up my Costco basket in Bolingbrook about a month ago, and opened it for Father's Day. Just set it up yesterday. So far, I'm fairly pleased (was like magic at first - hit eleven in a row from a range where I'm usually 6.5/10). Nice that it's all metal - seems relatively sturdy. Only a little punch through - if it persists perhaps I'll try reattaching some of the chains to the inner ring. Not quite the "chains" sound that I'm used to, but a pleasing enough "ching" sounds sort of like an old fashioned cash register.

How have they held up over time for people? Do you leave it out in the rain? I'd consider getting a cover for it, but i suppose the baskets sit out on the course in all weather...

My wife took a picture of this basket at Costco today. Some of you were refering to item #631310, which this is labeled as, but this one is by Park & Sun. There are some differences that I can see between this and the InStep basket. Does anyone know about this basket? Is it as good (cheap but usable) as the InStep basket? I am concerned that the pole attaches to the base by only 3 bars and not 5, like the InStep.

picture.php

it's the same thing....i bought one off of a website...instep actually doesn't even produce these anymore...according to a rep i talked to on the phone...they sold the rights to manufacture these to a few different companies...mines from pacific outdoors...the only difference between the instep and mine is the flag doesn't say instep...i love mine..good basket i decided not to install an inner set of chains to help me really have to nail the center of the chains to make em stick....still haven't had all too many discs blow through....

Man, I need to hit up my local costco and do some talking to them about getting a few in...if they don't already have them :thmbup:

I have one,
its kinda flimsy when compared to well known brand name basket
but I think its great for throwing at, in the back yard or your local practice field
very good bang for the buck

Does anyone know about this basket? Is it as good (cheap but usable) as the InStep basket? I am concerned that the pole attaches to the base by only 3 bars and not 5, like the InStep.

I have the one in the pic in my backyard. It was a nice Father's Day gift from the wife.

Although I have not seen an Instep in person, these are different according to the pics I found via a google search.

I will eventually replace/add chains. Other than that, I think it's worth the price. My costco was selling them for 69.99. They are out and not sure if they will be getting more or not.

Costco basket

Just got back from our Portland Oregon trip and I grabbed one in Kirkland Washington on our way home .

Yup , it's cheaply constructed and inexpensive at $70.

Fabbing up another 3 1/4" spacer to raise the crown so the chains hang freely instead of sitting in the basket . And I'm prolly gonna add inner chains .

I can see in the future replacing the base with a heavier/beefier one and will prolly make a better pole for it.

I'm sure I'll try to make a complete basket when rain season hits , but I really need to learn how to putt before the next tourney in September .

I'm excited to have a secret weapon in the back yard !

I went back to Costco today and they only had the display model left. I picked it up for $45 and it is probably as good as new. I would have bought a few for that price.

Even with only one set of chains it seems to catch pretty well. I practiced on it a bit earlier and only had one blow through from 25'.

Latest posts