• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket Giveaway Vote!

Which photo do you like the best?

Votes: 69 34.8%

Votes: 60 30.3%

Votes: 34 17.2%

Votes: 10 5.1%

Votes: 25 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While I know my picture with Kops Park sign is not as relevant as it used to be . . . I still thought I might get some acknowledgement. I also considered taking a picture of a hole on #8 somewhere and naming the piture the hole on #8 . . . but I ran ou of time to do so. I was super busy last week, so I settled on my picture with the infamous Kops Park. Good contect timg . . . even if I cannot win.

I saw it and smiled :D. I got it.

#1 looks Photoshopped and, to me, doesn't capture the spirit of this forum. #2 on the other hand is what it's all about; road trips to different courses. Just my two cents.
...and it looks like a picture I would have taken.
icon14.gif

Did the rules say no photoshop? Nearly all photographers use photoshop to some extent. There is another picture that is clearly photoshopped as well, but I still voted for it.

Did the rules say no photoshop? Nearly all photographers use photoshop to some extent. There is another picture that is clearly photoshopped as well, but I still voted for it.
They didn't but my intention was no photoshop for the DGCR element of the photo. Live and learn :)

"Take a photo that somehow incorporates something DGCR related into it. Maybe you make our logo out of chains, maybe you get Avery Jenkins to hold up a print out of our logo, maybe a scenic shot with a DGCR disc on top of a mountain. You get the idea, anything fun, cool or creative (or all three!)."

While it didn't say 'No Photshop' I think what was being asked was pretty clear.

That's just me. I'm not trying to stir the pot but Photoshop never even crossed my mind.

Just my $0.02. No change needed thank you.

I meant photoshopping to adjust brightness, contrast, not adding elements or items that were not originally in the picture.

Looks like we have the winners. Pics #1, #2 and #3 in that order. I'll be contacting the winners via email to get info and send out the prizes :)

Congrats everybody!

Looks like we took the dreaded '4th at the Olympics'. Lol. My son and I ended up 4th and 5th. 2 pics in the top 5 was pretty cool though. I sat about an inch from the basket while my son drilled the DGCR Eagle over and over for pic 4. And we stood out at CSU Pueblo for about a half an hour getting all kinds of weird looks while we waited to get pic 5 without a ton of students in the pic. We carried the discs all out there in Coors Light cooler bags and not once did anyone ask what we were doing or why.

Thanks!

Thanks DGCR for hosting this event and congrats to all the winners!

My kids and I are especially thankful to those members who voted for our picture. And despite the concerns (legitimately) over the kids being in the basket, we were very careful and quick taking the shot, and the basket incurred no damage.

While I'm new to the site and even newer to the forums, I've been playing off and on for a number of years. In the last few months I've been playing everyday (my new lunch diet) and this summer I introduced the kids to the game. We've had a lot of fun battling through the heat, flys, skeeters, and the day of the infamous bee sting.

Skimming the boards one day I noticed the basket giveaway and thought we could have some fun with it. After playing an extended round of disc golf at Jack Mattox Recreational Center outside of Chattanooga, TN and shooting more than 50 pictures, we chose 2 of the shots (from this set) to enter. And yes, while I did edit myself out of the shot, the rest of the effects were a collaborative effort by the kids and I using Lightroom. Our other entries included my amazing wife, HDR forest basket, my sons chainer excitement, and the young school artist.

Thanks again to everyone and happy hunting!

the original shot...
picture.php

final shot...
picture.php

It was the most artistic shot, not surprised you won. You have clear talent.
thanks for letting everyone know the basket was not damage to ease that concern.

Looks like we have the winners. Pics #1, #2 and #3 in that order. I'll be contacting the winners via email to get info and send out the prizes :)

Any idea when?

Congrats to all the finalists and to auspider98 in particular.

Congrats to the winners, and, thanks to all who participated!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Back on topic.... i think #2 is the ultimate depiction of what this website is all about.......
looking through your car window after a round of frustrating bogies and lost discs and soon realizing your keys are locked inside and you had driven 2+ hours to play that 1.5/5 rated course thinking "there's no way it can be that bad".... then deciding whether or not to review the course as soon as you get home or sleep on it for a few days.

As to your observation of picture #2, I agree wholeheartedly.

#1 looks Photoshopped and, to me, doesn't capture the spirit of this forum. #2 on the other hand is what it's all about; road trips to different courses. Just my two cents.

:clap: :hfive:

...and it looks like a picture I would have taken.
icon14.gif

Thanks Timg for the running this contest. I'm looking forward to checking out the MVP plastic for 2nd place!

Thanks, also, to everyone who voted for picture #2. And I really appreciate the comments that my picture got.

I love disc golf, and this site, and have really enjoyed taking advantage of all of the course information. I have two DGCR clings on my car and my wife didn't even mind too much when I put one on her car.

Picture story: My daughter and I were at the market. When we came back to the car I looked in and saw the shadow of the DGRC cling on the car seat. I thought it was really cool. So I rolled down the window and took the picture. It was just taken with my cell phone and wasn't touched up in any way.

My intent was to post the picture in the "post a cool disc golf picture" thread. The same day that I was going to post it, I found the thread for this contest. Great timing! It was the content of the picture that I really enjoyed... more than the quality of the image itself. I'm glad that others apparently agreed.

Thanks again, everyone! :clap:

Last edited:
Very cool :) Glad you guys are putting it to good use already!