• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best course names?

There is a safari layout at one of the local courses that the designers named The Terry Thompson Memorial DGC (named after the guy in Zanesville who released all his wild animals before shooting himself). Maybe not the best course name but pretty appropriate for a safari course.

Our New Course...

... that has 13 of 18 now playable is near the dam of the lake... so... we call it:

The Dam Course at Binder Lake

It's a tough one too and should be a par 61 when all is said and done.

Dragon Ridge in Camdenton, MO plays off the fact that the nickname for nearby Lake of the Ozarks is the "Dragon Lake"

Another in progress is Dragon Cove at Lake of the Ozarks. Massive flooding halted progress on this course last fall and FEMA should move out next month so we can get back at it.

I personally love the name of a course at Farragut in Northern Idaho:

The Wreckreator

Secretariat!

PAR 72 Course using the holes of a PAR 64 Olympic and PAR 68 Thouroughbred courses in the area used for the Equestrian Events in the 1996 Olympics.

Free Disc to the first NON Georgian, or anyone connected to the PDGA, or anyone connected to the park to guess why Secretariat is the name...

Must let me know real name in post if your DGCR handle isn't your name (which is about 98% of you) :D

Secretariat!

PAR 72 Course using the holes of a PAR 64 Olympic and PAR 68 Thouroughbred courses in the area used for the Equestrian Events in the 1996 Olympics.

Free Disc to the first NON Georgian, or anyone connected to the PDGA, or anyone connected to the park to guess why Secretariat is the name...

Must let me know real name in post if your DGCR handle isn't your name (which is about 98% of you) :D

Michael Mantz won a silver medal in the 1996 Olympics there. Most recently he has become known for training Union Rags the winner of the 2012 Belmont, who is a descendant of Secretariat. Take the (is)'s out and you got my name.

Last edited:
Kooky Noosa, just sounds interesting
Sugaree, just don't tell them that you know me

More odd than cool? The Moose Pretzel

The watermark on the course map is definitely odd!

fe032974.jpg

Latest posts