• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Best Discraft Discs

aajpity

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I am wondering what Discraft makes that is really good. I have been interested in getting more Discraft so let me know. I am comfortable at the speed 9/10 range so nothing faster. I am set with putters. I don't like the Comet but I love the Buzzz. I also like the Predator and throw that. I plan on getting a Stalker to try out later in the year.

Avenger SS FLX

Has changed my game tremendously. Straightest flying thing I have thrown so far and has a big boom off the tee. Plus the FLX is very durable and bounces off trees well when you happen to nail one here and there. Takes the impact really well too and not a super fast driver but just right with a slight curve at the end of flight.

My brother has a Stalker Ti that I bought him recently and its a straight flying driver too but with a more noticeable curve. I liked it but it seemed a little big to me to be a driver but it flew well.

Last edited:
My favorite is a Z Avenger SS. Right from the store it's usually a great turnover/roller disc and hyzer flip straight shots for bigger arms. Slower arms can use it for a stable control driver. I keep two in my bag both Z one is pretty much brand new one is beat in but still in great shape cause of the durable Z plastic. If you like the Predator and don't have the equivalent in a mid give the drone a try.

I by no means have a cannon for an arm, but my 172 ESP Avenger SS was the flippiest POS I've ever tossed. Maybe I got a dud or a very low PLH one, but there is nothing straight about this disc. I have two ESP Meteors that are more stable by a long shot. I suspect it will make a decent roller once I learn the shot.

I by no means have a cannon for an arm, but my 172 ESP Avenger SS was the flippiest POS I've ever tossed. Maybe I got a dud or a very low PLH one, but there is nothing straight about this disc. I have two ESP Meteors that are more stable by a long shot. I suspect it will make a decent roller once I learn the shot.

ESP or ESP FLX? It's supposed to be a turnover disc but I suspect if you're worm burning a brand new one you have bad form. I find the ones in Z plastic to throw exactly like they're marked and to be consistent no matter the run or color.

I love all discraft mids.

I carry a X Stratus, X Comet, seasoned Z Buzzz, fresh Z Buzzz, and a Ti Buzzz. They are all super versatile and super consistent when you want to pick up a new one.

My mids have made me consider and all Discraft bag, though I love my Innova drivers so thats not going to happen any time soon haha.

You can't go wrong with: Drone, Hornet, Buzzz SS, Buzzz, Wasp.... Any of their midranges really.

X XL is a sweet neutral fairway driver with great grip. Would be my only fairway driver if I could only have one.

ESP ZONE. Don'e think of it like a putter. It is a very controllable stable skip disc in the 200-250' range. Make sure it is ESP, Z, or Cryztal though. The Pro D to me is not the same.

All Discraft mids are great.

9/10 speed drivers... of course the Z Pred. I also like both the Avenger and Avenger SS in ESP. Them along with the Pred will cover just about any driving need. The X Wildcat is one very good driver... it doesn't get the respect and popularity that it deserves. If you need a driver and want one in X to save some green... the Wildcat is a winner.

All of their mids - Buzzz, Buzzz SS, Meteor, Wasp, Hornet, Drone, Comet
Putters - Challenger, Banger, Magnet, APX, Zone, Focus
Faiways - XL, XS, Predator, Stalker
Drivers - Avenger, Avenger SS, Nuke, Nuke SS, Nuke OS, Force, Surge

They have a great lineup all around. Especially the mids. All of the mids (except the Comet) have similar rims and will go about the same distance with similar glide so they are very easy to transition between.

Most of my bag is Discraft

Force- Great overstable driver

Stalker- Great Fairway driver

Crush, good, overstable fairway driver

Hornet- great overstable midrange

Flash- Main long range driver

Magnet-Best putter on the planet ( I prefer the soft)

Z Avenger SS, Z Glide, ESP Comet, Z Buzzz, ESP Hornet, and ESP Flx Surge. Those are my favorite!