• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best discs you've found

Only disc I've found so far is a bioFuzion Trespass. Tried to get a hold of the owner but it didn't work out.

My wife and I had just started playing disc golf when we went to watch a tournament here in Florida. During a break in the action we went to look at the discs a vendor had for sale and I purchased a blizzard champion Beast. Anxious to try it out we went to an empty field and I cranked into it. It flipped up beautifully and then it kept turning. A wind gust caught it and it flew up and into the woods. I immediately ran over to where I thought it was, but it was swampy and as I sloshed through the water, I encountered a water moccasin. I backed up and tried to get in there from another direction but it was just as bad.

Every time we played at that course, I would look over at that wooded area and thought of that disk sitting out there. It was not next to a hole so there wouldn't be any reason for anyone to be back in there.

The next year we go to the same tournament and once again, between rounds we purchase discs. Naturally I wanted to try out my new Blizzard Wraith and I walked over to the same field. My wife reminded me about what happened the previous year and told me to be careful. I told her that I would and that I was a lot better then when we first started.

I was very careful for the first couple of throws, but when I wanted to really see what it could do, I did not put enough hyzer on the throw and the exact same thing happened. I was devastated. I just stared at those woods for a minute and then looked over to see if my wife was watching. She had her head down in a book, so she didn't see my throw. I also looked around quickly to see if anyone else was watching.

Embarrassed, I walked over to the edge of the woods and looked into the swampy area. It didn't look so bad, so I headed in. After my eyes adjusted to the shade, I could see my green Wraith off in the distance. I slowly made my way over to the disc and got it. Even though my wife didn't see the throw, she would see my muddy shoes and know what had happened. It didn't matter because at least I got the disc back.

As I turned to head back out, I saw some orange color to my right in the brazilian pepper tree branches. I was stunned. It was my orange blizzard Beast that I lost the previous year still resting from its maiden voyage just a few feet away. I don't know if it was divine intervention or that my bad throws are very consistent, but I was one happy camper. It may not be a great disc, but it was the best one I have found.

SE JLS long range driver at Pulaski County Lower course in the late 90's. Marked as 1 of 2500 and the plastic gets all finger printy when handled. I wonder if it's CE or the old gummy dx plastic.

CE Eagle and 3 bar stamped buzzzes come to mind. I remember finding a black stock stamped star wraith before I heard the star plastic had even come out. 2 11x champ teebirds and 2 11x champ firebirds as well.

The best I ever found was a buddies favorite Destroyer. I could tell when he lost it in the drink he was really bummed. Came back the next day when the water wasn't so murky and after a long hike through nasty swamp and thickets there it was right at the waters edge. Seeing his face light up after I gave it back made all the scratches and muddy clothes worthwhile...

I've found a few here and there but nothing that worthwhile. However a few months back I found a Westside King, just sitting there next to a tree. Asked around and nobody claimed it. Threw it on the last few holes and wow, major upgrade to my game! I've since picked up two more Westside discs. I don't know why I never tried them before.

ce usdgc bigbird roc. tryed/traded b4 i knew what it was. But best are always are your own dyes. I have floated several through the ether and had them return through tourneys and some acroast the continent through dgcr

nobody really throws good stuff like me so its always best if i find my own discs.

when i find dumb discs now i throw them at houses, cars, dogs, whatever. it makes me feel better about myself.

My wife and I had just started playing disc golf when we went to watch a tournament here in Florida. During a break in the action we went to look at the discs a vendor had for sale and I purchased a blizzard champion Beast. Anxious to try it out we went to an empty field and I cranked into it. It flipped up beautifully and then it kept turning. A wind gust caught it and it flew up and into the woods. I immediately ran over to where I thought it was, but it was swampy and as I sloshed through the water, I encountered a water moccasin. I backed up and tried to get in there from another direction but it was just as bad.

Every time we played at that course, I would look over at that wooded area and thought of that disk sitting out there. It was not next to a hole so there wouldn't be any reason for anyone to be back in there.

The next year we go to the same tournament and once again, between rounds we purchase discs. Naturally I wanted to try out my new Blizzard Wraith and I walked over to the same field. My wife reminded me about what happened the previous year and told me to be careful. I told her that I would and that I was a lot better then when we first started.

I was very careful for the first couple of throws, but when I wanted to really see what it could do, I did not put enough hyzer on the throw and the exact same thing happened. I was devastated. I just stared at those woods for a minute and then looked over to see if my wife was watching. She had her head down in a book, so she didn't see my throw. I also looked around quickly to see if anyone else was watching.

Embarrassed, I walked over to the edge of the woods and looked into the swampy area. It didn't look so bad, so I headed in. After my eyes adjusted to the shade, I could see my green Wraith off in the distance. I slowly made my way over to the disc and got it. Even though my wife didn't see the throw, she would see my muddy shoes and know what had happened. It didn't matter because at least I got the disc back.

As I turned to head back out, I saw some orange color to my right in the brazilian pepper tree branches. I was stunned. It was my orange blizzard Beast that I lost the previous year still resting from its maiden voyage just a few feet away. I don't know if it was divine intervention or that my bad throws are very consistent, but I was one happy camper. It may not be a great disc, but it was the best one I have found.

Is this real life?

The best if say was a really sweet flx buzzz with a beauty and the beast tourny stamp. Great art. I've found so many no names it's ridiculous though. Bosses, shark3, west side tursas. I've never found a no name of anything I actually throw though.

Found it and about a year later i found its owner!!! His buddy gave him the disc before he passed away. Needless to say, he was very happy to have the disc back!!

The best disc I've found is my own disc if I ever find it when I lose it!

THIS. And I also found a Pearly Tie dye 2003 1X Barry Shultz Beast once with no name or #, it was deep in some phragmites and looked like it had been there for years, so I kept it.

I have right now a CE TeeBird, a 9X KC Pro Firebird, and a Proline(?) TeeBird. All untraceable, as in I can't trace them to the owner. Lord knows I've tried. I don't throw them they just sit there. Except for the Firebird they aren't in very good shape anyway.

My first year playing I was working at the practice basket at Pier Park and had an errant throw go INTO a drainage ditch pipe. Looked down the grate above the pipe and saw my disc dangling above oblivion. Then I noticed a red disc at the bottom of oblivion. Went home, grabbed an adjustable wrench, returned and took off the grate and went in for the discs.
It was a gummy Champ "multi-purpose" Spider. Called the number and found a player from back in North Carolina. He said he had given it to a friend in Portland and that he would contact. Never heard word.

Latest posts