• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best discs you've found

I was playing at the Quarry in Sheboygan, WI and found an ESP Force.

The next round there (about an hour later) I threw a RHFH ace with it.

Crazy.

Found a 3x Paul McBeth Champion ROC3 when I first started playing, no ink, looked to be about brand new. It was just laying in the middle of the fairway on a wooded hole in the early morning. Also found a Star Katana that I hated, no ink, an old beat up Cyclone that I love, owner said keep it, and a Westside King I was able to get back to the owner.

I also found a cracked Omega putter, that was fun. I also have good luck finding towels all over the place. Found a sweet American flag golf towel that was laying over the edge of a trash can, took it home, sanitized it and use it every round now.

I have one rule on any golf course, do not touch any towels. :gross:

Not enough bleach in the world, the towel was over that trash can for a reason

Disc golf course towel=improvised toilet paper.

There's probably more ebola on those towels than in all of Africa.

When I first started playing I found a Lime Green Champion Beast, since then that disc is one of my favorite drivers, but I had to buy another one because my friend through that one in a pond

I have found several super gummy old Pro Wraiths over the years.

I found a blue CE Leopard while clearing a little rough on my course. I knew the guy who owned it, called him and he had lost it there a little over a year ago!

Back in 2003 or so I found a CE Valkyrie in the woods. No ink. This is back during my chucker days and I didn't like it as much as my DX Valkyrie because it didn't have the cool picture on the stamp :rolleyes:. I'm not sure what happened to it but I didn't throw it.

Nothing really rare or cool - best I've found is a Star Valk. Oh I almost forgot, found a tie-dyed groove laying in the middle of an open fairway - does that count??

supercolor surge, it was by far the most OS disc i've ever thrown. i found it 200ft out and 300ft left on a long hole where no disc should ever be. i then threw it next hole and realized why, it just went straight left. i ended up using it as a thumber disc for a long time until i lost it on the hole before the hole i found it on trying to thumb over a pond.

Found a beautiful light, pearly 11x Eagle a few years back. Called the number, and the conversation went as follows:

Me: Hey, I found your Eagle here at Terrace.
Guy: *pauses*
Me: *awkward silence*
Guy: Wait... Are you talking about a FRISBEE?
Me: Yep.
Guy: *expletive*. I moved away to California two years ago! I don't need that back. Enjoy it.
Me: Sweet! Thanks!

I don't throw Eagles. I sold it to someone on DGCE a while later because he was looking for one. I cut him a screaming deal on it too. The day he got it he aced with it. It's nice to have people who owe you favors. It's all about networking in disc golf just like it is in business.

I found a nice decodye saint at bayville last spring. Had a number and the guy said he lost it in Oklahoma months before. Someone else must have found and lost here in Virginia. I love it

I dont know about you americans, but here in switzerland all golfers know each other, all value their plastic and nobody would throw an unmarked disc. So we return them. The scene is so small, if i'd use a disc i find, the owner would probably see me using it at the next tournament.
When you have 40 times as many people, 200+ times as much land mass, and more than 4,800 courses compared (to what, 20 over there?), not to mention a thriving casual scene that doesn't even involve tournaments, that "its a small world after all" utopia isn't going to be possible.

Disk

I found an unmarked unstamped Westside disk I'm new sow I don't know what it was. I dug it so it turned me on to Westside disks. Lost it at Yuciapa park. Win some...lose some. Hope who found it enjoys it.

Shortly after the Maple Hill Open this year I found a 28 year old Aviar on the fairway of 12. While it is cool disc I really wish it had a name and number on it so it could go home.

A former playing buddy found a KC 11X Gazelle. He called the number and didn't leave a message. He said that the person would call him to find out who called. But I said that if the person lost it a while back, they might not call back because they think it's a creditor or a junk call. So I memorized the number and called it to inform the person that we had his disc. Still no call. My former playing buddy got it by being a dutch bag. This and his lack of professionalism when I last played with him are the reasons why I no longer associate with him on the disc golf courses. I have lost over 10 discs, with 9 call backs. I have found over 10 with all 10 returned with 1 waiting on a meeting with its owner, but am in constant contact with him.

Latest posts